Thread: Damaged cams

Rides

Damaged cams

how bad is this? :s

Rides
    You could dress that out with an oil stone to flatten any high spots then carry on using them (likewise with the rocker arms)

However, its a sign that you have oil feed issues- either blocked spray bars or low pressure.

Rides

Rides
    with a digital micrometer you could measure that big end and compare to the factory service manual sizes
    it may be savable and could be cleaned up/micro polished smooth again,but depends how it sizes up
    as the picture is a bit fuzzy had to tell accurately if its scored and grooved

Rides
    Just bought 2nd hand for 100€

Poslano z mojega SM-G920F z uporabo Tapatalk

Rides
    The wear mark on one side of the cam lobe could be due to the rockers have been removed and the shims have got mixed up
    if the rocker arms are not flat to the cam lobe it can make a one sided wear mark,if dismanteled the shims you have can be
    sized up with a digital mic and chance you could get it all back so rockers sit flat,assuming it is a rocker shim issue

spray bar blocked or semi -blocked is common,and there is an oil squirter onto the rocker arm pad/cam lobe from the hole
    in the rocker arm at hydro lifter end of the rocker arm, mine were all blocked filed with crud on a 84k miles engine

I think it was cheap enough even if the crank was 100 euro's, bargain if you got the whole engine

Rides
    But how should i clean oil squirters? Yea it was damn cheap, i was very lucky, i hope its a good crank 😂

Poslano z mojega SM-G920F z uporabo Tapatalk

Rides
    soak them in petrol or a degreaser for 24 hours and clear them/pick out the crud with a safety pin and cotton bud to clean it