Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: liams S15 build

Rides

liams S15 build

i thought i better start one as i have had a s15 for a month(ish)

since i have been passenger quite a lot in my friends s14a and seeing the s15 i fell in love with one so i had to get one

its pretty much standard, here is the list of mods it has:
    FMIC (greddy)
    Apex air filter
    cat back exhaust
    decat
    defi boost gauge
    turbo timer
    coilovers(miesters R)
    350z Ray wheels
    front K-sport 8pot brake setup

had a private plate put on it(had to do with s15) so i got S15 LNP
    here is my s15

got a few things happening to it in the next few weeks
    getting a DW300 fuel pump put in
    purple rocker cover change
    remove carbon canister

got quite a few plans which will happen over the next few years:
    Big Gay Wing
    change of wheels
    bucket seats
    half cage welded in
    harnesses
    upgrade rear brakes
    remap ( only to stage one or equivalent to it)
    different bumpers
    and a lot more

has its quite a power difference from my 318 e46 bmw so i will be only doing one track day and that is the weekender
    but i will be going to quite a few car shows(if my college dates don't match)
    Last edited by lp1121; 05-02-2016 at 17:43.

Rides
    Clean looking motor, the colour is sweet. Best of luck with it bud.

Rides
    That's a sweet looking s15 man!! Are you going to lower it any more, my opinion is that it would look better Good luck with the build and let the pictures coming

Rides
    cheers guys, i want to lower it more but my driveway is stupid cause it was a lip, and i have some rubbing from somewhere so i need to look into it

today i fitted my new fuel pump, DW300, the previous owner of the car didn't know what fuel pump was in the car so i decided to put a new one in there( thinking it was a standard one) and found it had a walbro 255 in there

so now i have a whaler fuel pump for sell more money back on the car

then as i had a small water leak coming from the rear wiper so i decided to take it out

Rides
    Liam we will go for some photos soon dude!

Rides
    She looks proper clean bet you are well pleased! Love the rear lights too!

Rides
    This is nice, another Liam too

Rides
    finally got round to sorting out my airbag light that i couldn't get to go out and found out i was putting the resister the wrong way round woops

when i was up at milton keynes i saw jays (L16 JAY)green s14a recliner seat was for sale so i had to go and do a buy
    his new wheels OMG they looked sweet

also brought a purple rocker cover so thats the next thing i will be doing and if i can find some rocker arm stoppers before i do it, saves me taking it on and off would be good

Rides
    I have an unused set of Tomei RAS still in the box, £50 delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    decided to change my rover cover at 6pm then i realised i should of done it in the day time
    got the rocker cover off and it all looks good, so i cleaned it all round and put it back on

next on my list is remove carbon canister, tidy up the pipe work in the bay, then get some new rear tyres as I'm nearly burned though them

Rides

Not sure this was planned eh Liam!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Phahahaa liam you ordered a bung yet to go pidgeon?

We need a decent photoshoot soon

Rides
    aha mat, the AA was the best thing i got aha

alternator is going in tonight, the blanking plugs should be here tomorrow for the pidgen

Rides
    as you see above i had to get another s-body to come and save me but he was unable to fix my car by jump starting off his car, so i had to call the AA out, once they arrived, they decided to hit the alternator with a bar to see if they can get it to charge again (never heard that before) and ended up breaking the casing of the alternator, then they put a fully charged battery in, they got me home, got home and did some tests and decided to get my alternator reconditioned, then i tested the battery finding 3 of the 6 cells were not very good so i decided to get a new battery too

once i got my alternator reconditioned and battery put back in, it was still not charging so i checked all the fuses, which were all good, so i started to look at the wiring and found the small black wire that tells the alternator to start charging was damaged, so i fixed that wire and it now its all charging, but since then the clock on my speedo doesn't tell the time and i have no idea why, but I'm not that bothered as my car is charging and running fine

the next thing i did was to buy a quick release for my steering wheel, decided to go with the D1 spec quick release as i have heard good things with them and it makes it so much easier to get in and out of my car but need to get two more bolts as they didn't supply enough bolts

ordered some blanking plugs so i was able to remove the recirc valve, once i removed the recirc valve it pops and bangs more now and it also makes the engine bay look tidy, then i tried mathew7817 atmosphere dump valve and decided i prefer listening to turbo flutter

then as my tyres were getting low and so were mathew8717 tyres were too, and Pointz(rich) was changing to his track tyres, we found some private land and burnt the old tyres out, didn't realise how much fun it was doing burnouts then we went round Pointz to have a tyre change

this picture is defo squad goals:

when the tyres were getting changed, i put in the manual boost controller, so i have turned it up from 0.6 bar to 0.9/1.0bar, what a difference turning up the boost makes

then the next day i removed the old boost solenoid and removed my carbon canister, so much more room in the bay now

the next few things are:
    service
    ally rad
    lower my coilovers

Rides
    Turbo flutter ftmfw!!!!

Sorry but mat's burnout pic os better! Your bay is looking nice and tidy dude you have added a nice personnal touch to it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lp1121 View Post
    but since then the clock on my speedo doesn't tell the time and i have no idea why, but I'm not that bothered as my car is charging and running fine
    If your interior light has also stopped working it's a fuse in the foot well, odd one out in the corner of the fuse box, 10amp iirc

Rides
    Lovely car Liam

Rides
    haven't updated this in a while so i thought i better

since i last posted i have given it a long service, replaced all the oils, put some oil cleaner and cheap oil and ran it for 5 mins then put more expensive stuff in, replace all brake fluid, gearbox oil and rear diff oil

then i did a track day at castle combe which was great fun and wants me to more track days, was going to be doing the track at the weekender but thats been cancelled, got a track day in october at a airfield which I'm looking for

also picked up a spoiler when i was up at japfest and fitted it, its a lot bigger than i thought it would be on the car but i like it

then i got some new wheels which are Rota rt5-r 17" just need to lower the car a bit now

went to japshow and decided to go up the strip which was great fun, ended up doing 14.081 and 102mph (even bet a evo )

and yesterday i swapped my standard s15 kit with a DMAX kit which i love

Rides
    Looks much better now lp but that arch gap.....

How is the colour match on the kit?

Rides
    Will be lowering it abit next week or two

The colour match is pretty good, lot better with my front bumper, just need to play around with it to get it to fit all properly