Thread: If you were going to Japan....

Rides

If you were going to Japan....

My wife has surprised me with a trip to Tokyo for my 30th birthday. Not sure how she's managed to keep it to herself for so long!

So this got me thinking that I could pick up some parts that I wouldn't find here, for my s14a while I'm there

Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC_M9u using Tapatalk

Rides
    Also, anywhere in Tokyo that you recommend to visit? Car or non-car related.

Rides
    UpGarage is a must for any car enthusiast regardless of if you're actually going to buy anything... its just a nice place to look around. Theres a one not too far from central Yokohama in a place called Fujisawa but it does take a bit of walking to get there from the station.

On top of that, I really do recommend visiting any Autobacs shop.. For new parts its great, basically its a very good version of Halfords with actually tuning parts. The Nismo Omori garage is fairly easy to get to in Yokohama bay, nice showroom of their cars present and past and not far from it is Nissans engine museum.

In terms of touristy things - Landmark tower, Tokyo tower, Sky Tree... if you like heights of course!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya Mishima View Post
    Also, anywhere in Tokyo that you recommend to visit? Car or non-car related.

I'm likely going in November as well so I've been looking up where to go. These aren't in Tokyo but maybe worth the visit. Omori Factory in Yokohama has to be worth a visit (Nismo factory). There's also Toyota MegaWeb in Odaiba (which is in Tokyo!), Mazda are in Hiroshima etc. I looked at this for a few ideas: http://www.7tune.com/japanese-car-mu...t-you-started/

MegaWeb is more of a theme park apparently but there's also a History Garage with loads of old road and racing cars.

Outside of that, Akihabara for any nerdy/anime/tech, Tokyo Skytree, Tokyo Tower. Senso-ji temple (in Asakusa, Tokyo) is probably worth checking out if you're interested in the traditional side. I'm still trying to work out where I'll have time to visit!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by neith View Post
    I'm likely going in November as well so I've been looking up where to go. These aren't in Tokyo but maybe worth the visit. Omori Factory in Yokohama has to be worth a visit (Nismo factory). There's also Toyota MegaWeb in Odaiba (which is in Tokyo!), Mazda are in Hiroshima etc. I looked at this for a few ideas: http://www.7tune.com/japanese-car-mu...t-you-started/

MegaWeb is more of a theme park apparently but there's also a History Garage with loads of old road and racing cars.

Outside of that, Akihabara for any nerdy/anime/tech, Tokyo Skytree, Tokyo Tower. Senso-ji temple (in Asakusa, Tokyo) is probably worth checking out if you're interested in the traditional side. I'm still trying to work out where I'll have time to visit!
    Shibuya Crossing is amazing. A mad, mad place. Take a camera! Great place for a night out.

Skytree is great, stunning views.

Shinjuku. Robot Restaurant. Golden Gai for a night out.

Akiharbara for the shops and wierd maid cafes.

Fish marker.

Sumo!

Nismo only ever have about 5 cars on display and the Nissan HQ is a glorified showroom

Hire a car and go to a parking area meet.

Rides
    Yep another one for Autobacs, or if its a super autobacs they are huge!!!!

Rides
    There's a SuperAutobacs in Yokohama about ten minutes walk from the Nissan HQ and very easy to get to from Tokyo by train. Can do the two easily on a morning or afternoon.

Rides
    autobacs is a must and probably where you'll find something for your car haha.
    you should see about the wangan meets!
    also, if you were looking for some inspiration, id look at the driftworks "outsiders japan" film.
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Meiji Jingu Temple is awesome in Tokyo.. Add that to the list.

Another vote for Shibuya.. cant believe I forgot that one.

Basically everywhere is easy to get to, once you master the train system its great!

Rides
    Depending how long you are staying, look into a JR pass or a metro pass.

Also I highly recommend Ace's bar in Golden Gai. The owner Tsuyoshi is a great guy, speaks perfect English and will be able to guide you.

Also, go to Joyopolis and play Initial D arcade game in a full sized Trueno. It's awesome.

Rides
    Awesome! Thank you for all of the suggestions

Let's see how much I can cram in