Thread: Not heat in my s14

Rides

Not heat in my s14

I have no heat in my s14 my air con was removed for some reason I have the climate control unit all over pipe are there etc I think why have no heater
    Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    Does the heater work on setting 4? Or is it not working at all?

Rides
    I have climate control unit not the turn handle one can't remember same for it but no everything works fans work the direction works etc heater matrix is there as far as I know only thing missing is air con pipes been told cuz of the no Ac pipes but can't see that

Rides
    Daz- my heater only works on 4- could you enlighten me and is it hopefully a quick fix??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminsilvia1 View Post
    Daz- my heater only works on 4- could you enlighten me and is it hopefully a quick fix??
    It's the heater fan resistor card.

Remove the glove box and you'll see a long brown plug into a small card held in by 2 screws. On this there will be a burnt out/dry jointed fuse/resistor.

Reflow a bit of solder over it, or do like I did and solder a couple of strands of copper over it and you should be good to go

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13_brad1993 View Post
    I have climate control unit not the turn handle one can't remember same for it but no everything works fans work the direction works etc heater matrix is there as far as I know only thing missing is air con pipes been told cuz of the no Ac pipes but can't see that

Do you still have the heater matrix connected, it'll be two rubber pipes going into your bulkhead? Take a photo of the right side of the bay if it's easier.

If not you may have a blockage, either an air lock (which can be resolved with a good bleed) or a physical blockage in the matrix itself

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Rides
    My climate control went wrong when I first got the car and could only get cold air, there are two motors I had problems with, one is on the bulkhead engine bay side where the pipes go through, there's a cable operated valve there. I removed the cable and left it open. And under the centre of dash towards where your left foot would go there is another servo which pulls a rod to change from hot to cold, that wasn't working so I took the rod off and now manually pull or push that to get hot air or cold air from the vents.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnay View Post
    My climate control went wrong when I first got the car and could only get cold air, there are two motors I had problems with, one is on the bulkhead engine bay side where the pipes go through, there's a cable operated valve there. I removed the cable and left it open. And under the centre of dash towards where your left foot would go there is another servo which pulls a rod to change from hot to cold, that wasn't working so I took the rod off and now manually pull or push that to get hot air or cold air from the vents.
    this is basically what I would suggest. its not like you are going to want cold air for the next 6 months.

Rides
    Thanks Leno- I discovered the other threads on this and ordered the part of ebay- hopefully this Micra part will fix it.

Rides
    Got the part- bit awkward to get to - 2 screws and fitted within 5 mins all working - happy days!!

Rides
    Now need to fix the washer screen bottle in the dark- on second thoughts maybe try on the weekend with some daylight.