Thread: A cheaper superior RB25??

Flamethrower
    Rides

A cheaper superior RB25??

So just seen in Facebook a cheaper, stronger and far superior RB25 'neo' engine? Anyone else seen it?

Looking for options on your engine swap? Consider the Neo RB25DET engine (reasons below). Great power potential and you get that beautiful RB tone We have many Neo engines IN STOCK for immediate delivery.
    Engine complete with Loom, ECU, turbo and all ancillaries @€1799 or £1380.
    Order online, shipping all over Europe...
    http://www.jdmdistro.com/shop/engine...c34-stagea-10/
    PALLET SHIPPING ALL OVER EUROPE!!!

So, why buy a NEO over a regular R33 RB25?...
    - NEO comes with stronger GTR RB26 Con-Rods
    - NEO has fixed the R33 piston ringland problem
    - NEO uses solid lifters (like GTR)
    - NEO comes standard with the N1 oil pump
    - NEO has modern VCT for more midrange power
    - NEO has high compression ratio(faster turbo spool, more torque)
    - NEO uses Top Feed Injectors (like GTR)

Order online, shipping all over Europe...
    http://www.jdmdistro.com/shop/engine...c34-stagea-10/

Rides

A cheaper superior RB25??

Yeah I've seen it, and il be honest I can't tell if you are trying to promote it or not by copying the whole thing inc the links?!

Rides
    Shame they didnt sort the short oil pump drive on the crank though.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    I'm not promoting it at all, I just copied and posted it from Facebook for people who haven't seen it

Rides
    I was talking to somebody the other day that I think I had read that, he was saying they're easier to tune etc. but at the end of the day if it was really better then it wouldn't be cheaper? And people would already be using them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    I was talking to somebody the other day that I think I had read that, he was saying they're easier to tune etc. but at the end of the day if it was really better then it wouldn't be cheaper? And people would already be using them?
    That's broken logic, if something were better you can charge more for it depending on availability.

Otherwise cars would get cheaper the more stuff they had on them

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    That's broken logic, if something were better you can charge more for it depending on availability.

Otherwise cars would get cheaper the more stuff they had on them
    I think you've read my post wrong, that's what i said, if it was as good as they say compared to the r33 rb25 then they'd be charging more for it, not less :Wack:

Rides
    Yeah... I'm an idiot.

Rides
    NEO is a complete pain in the arse to tune and modify (or at least was) I know someone who got circa 700bhp out of one but it was a massive headache as a lot of the parts are bespoke. If you didnt know its the lump out of the R34 GTT.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Yeah... I'm an idiot.
    Don't worry mate, I do it all the time!! Lol but for the record my logic isn't broken.... Firm believer in buy cheap but twice haha

Rides
    Meh, you want cheap power? E36 m52b28 lump for 100 quid, Chuck in second hand 330i m54 crank and rods for 3.0 litres, slap on a pyramid ring gasket, have a reliable 700bhp lump for under 800 quid.

I'm going turbo on my e36, saw a lad in colchester the other day, 170k miles m52, just a MLS gasket and homemade turbo conversion, dyno shows it at 645ish bhp at the wheels , spins up in 5th in the dry with 265 r888s lol.

Before anyone asks how reliable, check out the us m3 version (same lump) with 900bhp drag car that's got nearly 200k miles on the clock..

Rides
    Shame BMW struggle to build a reliable 3.0 6cyl turbo these days though

Rides
    Mines pretty damn reliable.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    Meh, you want cheap power? E36 m52b28 lump for 100 quid, Chuck in second hand 330i m54 crank and rods for 3.0 litres, slap on a pyramid ring gasket, have a reliable 700bhp lump for under 800 quid
    Going on a tangent here but you've awoken a long term itch that I've wanted to build. You'll be more up-to-date with current builds and limits. I thought it was the m50 that was the block of choice in the euro spec cars since its the iron block. The m52 changed to either Nikasil or later alloy plus liners for Euro spec or was there a cross over period that retained the iron block? The US spec maintained the iron block for the m52 untill around the time the z3 was getting built as bmw seen all the warranty issues due to the nikasil wear issue and that the US had high sulphur fuel.
    Last edited by s200rat; 27-01-2016 at 07:57.

Rides
    Wiki says the Neo is solid lifters, new cam, coil packs and a bigger inlet manifold. Can't be a bad thing.

Rides
    Neo has shit cams as standard, my mate's struggled to get power of his, but it's all been built with new cams now so should be good in a few weeks. Like for like back to back tests on the same dyno the RB25 from an R33 made shit loads more power than the Neo in the R34

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Wiki says the Neo is solid lifters, new cam, coil packs and a bigger inlet manifold. Can't be a bad thing.
    Bigger inlet mani is not necessarily better in a turbo engine, just means there is more volume to fill (worse for transient response).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s200rat View Post
    Going on a tangent here but you've awoken a long term itch that I've wanted to build. You'll be more up-to-date with current builds and limits. I thought it was the m50 that was the block of choice in the euro spec cars since its the iron block. The m52 changed to either Nikasil or later alloy plus liners for Euro spec or was there a cross over period that retained the iron block? The US spec maintained the iron block for the m52 untill around the time the z3 was getting built as bmw seen all the warranty issues due to the nikasil wear issue and that the US had high sulphur fuel.
    That's long been proven bullshit now, even the yanks had ally blocks in their z3's and e46s which have been turbo'd to the high heavens

The ally block is safe up to around 800ish, the m50 is also more shit because vanos helps low down power quite a chunk, and the m50 internals are far inferior to the m52 ones, m52 has forged rods crank and pistons instead of the cast m50 ones, and their also a big chunk beefier , standard m52 internals will go up to 6-700 before you need to change rods.

Yanks are pushing over 1k bhp on just rods and pistons.

The reason people have issues with m52s is they overheat them like ****, and use shit cheap MLS gaskets, the best proven one is a pyramid ring gasket from a company in the states, it creates an actual bite between the head and block, and has been proven to we'll over 800 bhp on various cars, some of them dailies too.

I'm probably going to turbo mine, standard clutch is good for 350ftlb, or just chuck in a flywheel+clutch from an e34 m5 that's capable of 500ftlb of torque as standard, standard zf box is good for over 800 bhp standard, I'd recommend going to evo/750 rear end like I am, costs about 300 quid for the bigger diff and shafts that'll do huge numbers again.

All in all mines working out to be 3k start to finish for around 450-500ish bhp, oh and standard ecu is fine, co.pletly remappable and tunable for turbos, all the yanks use standard ecus so don't let anyone sell you some aftermarket crap, just chuck in the maf element from a 540i and it'll do 500ish before it maxes out. Or a Porsche maf from 500-800.

But easily under 3k for full conversion using good quality parts. Last time I saw Steve from elite d in colchester he had a gt3076? I think, 550sh bhp, and was at full torque/spool well under 3k, and that's a non vanos engine that'll have less low down response than a vanos

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    That's long been proven bullshi.......
    thanks for the info, very useful. Been a good while since I looked into bmw's but there is a e46 on the ramp that sparked my intrest and ur post turned up. Good to see there's now time proven builds finding the limits and dispelling myths.

I'm familiar with the ecu's and it's capability. I best get buying while there cheap as no doubt they'll end up like the 1jz once people click on there potential vs cost!!