Thread: Fair Price?

Rides

Fair Price?

Alright chaps

The Stagea is beginning to suffer with a bit of rot here and there. Most notably are the doors underneath the mirrors, common point on all of them and I noticed a bubble beginning on one of the rear arches.

I got a quote to cut out the rot, this is for the doors, weld in new metal, fill and paint. Cost... £200. Per door. Seems a bit expensive but what do I know?

Fair price? The cars black so its not a metallic and there's a high swage line on the doors so only a small bit of it would need paint.

Just wanted to guage whether or not this seems a good price. If I'm honest it does seem a bit high to me.

The cars 20 years old now so I'm getting to the point where I have to throw a bit of money at it or drive it into the ground.

Cheers

Rides
    It's really not a lot regardless of the size of the repair. You'd pay half of that just spraying a panel.

Rides
    Sounds like a good price to me

Rides
    Cheers. I know the guy does good work I just had no idea on how much bodywork costs these days.

Rides
    Have you asked Dal?

Have you taken the sponges out from behind the mirror base plates?

Rides
    No and yes. It looked like it had been done previously whilst still in Japan. It probably wasn't done properly. A bit like the whole paint job on the entire car.

Edit: I would eventually like to get the entire car resprayed but that's probably going to cost a small fortune I haven't got and am not likely to get anytime soon. Hence the do I run it into the ground comment.

Rides
    I've found a door with no rot but its the wrong colour. How much would it cost to repaint a door? Just looking for a rough figure. I could do all the prep work, rubbing it down etc. It would mean I could drop the door off and wouldn't be without a car for a few days.

Rides
    I would expect to pay about £100 a panel.
    I know places you can spend 10k on a respray and places you can spend £250, but to me it relates to the value of the car being painted.

most painters will not be interested in you 'prepping' it for them as your idea of prepping could be sanding it down with half a house brick.

best bet would be to offer to strip off all the trims/handle/stickers/actually clean the thing prior to dropping it off.
    Last edited by green_rs13; 11-02-2016 at 17:33.

Rides
    Cheers.
    Will work out a bit cheaper then just supplying the door. It's already had everything removed.