Thread: Coilovers

Rides

Coilovers

Okay I NEED some Coilovers now, can't live with a monster truck any longer.

I'm looking for some advice, I would like some Coilovers with a lot/decent amount of adjustment.

I have my eyes on some secondhand but unused Parts Shop MAX Coilovers for £800 but basically I just want to know if I can get anything on par for less or anything better for the same sort of money.

Any opinions, advice or feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Rides
    Buy my daiyamas. They're awesome. Best in the bizz. DK used them in Tokyo Drift.

My advice would be do some research into what kind of spring rates you want and what the car will be used for. I currently have 8/6kg on mines and I'm sure on a track they'd make sense, but they're unbearable on a daily basis. I'll be getting the Apex Gen2 Limos which are 4/3kg and I'll be fitting my Apex ARB's.

Rides
    If its for the track grip driving then bc er series not the cheapest but so so good. The tein mono not basics are really good too.

if your just drifting then any really

if its a daily then get some with a softer spring rate

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    What spring rates are the part shop max? I've heard nothing but good things about them but have never been in a car fitted with them.

£800 would open you up to a whole range of coilovers though possibly including some of the tein range. For less you could get some apex/bc coilovers in various Spring rates from "comfy" which are suited to fast road up to their heavy track spec units.

Another option are the driftworks hsd's etc.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yeah I do need to do some research on spring rates, the part shop max ones are 8/6kg I believe and I use my 14 as a daily so in reality don't want something back breaking but I don't want anything boats either so I could cope with track in the future

Rides
    The 5/4 Apex ones could be an option in that case and I know Kieran had a set for sale, not sure if they sold or not. That's double the standard spring rates I believe.

It also depends on your area and how bothered you are with ride comfort, if you live in a pothole infested cesspool then maybe stay away from firmer rates, if not then they could be bearable.

You're size of wheel and tyre wall would also effect ride, if you had 17's and and a 45mm tire wall firmer spring rates might not be as bad, I have 18's with a 35mm tire wall and even motorways feel like I'm off roading. Not sure on exactly how much of an effect it would have, someone will clarify it no doubt.

Rides
    Have had a look into spring rates and it seems that the road/track Coilovers are typically 8/6kg or 7/5kg for HSD so I think I will got for that but I still need to decide on brand and model. My main concern is buying some and finding out that they aren't as adjustable as I wanted.

Rides
    I have the apex comfy on mine.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by snops View Post
    I have the apex comfy on mine.
    Oh really, yours was a nice ride and didn't feel boaty at all so they may be an option. While you're on, could you tell me where you got your alignment done?

Rides
    Westerleigh did mine last in downend. Did a good job.

The coil overs on mine will also go much lower. I wouldn't want mine any harder for the road.