Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New car time

Rides
    I'd go for the MX5, fantastic car, yeah not the fastest but they are so much fun, oh and rwd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Lolzors
    Not joking, i went to the gym about 4 years ago for a "health assessment" the fit wee bird (can i say that thesedays without going on the sex offenders register?) wanted to do a flexibility test ok dokay. after a short time she said, you can start its ok... er no doll i had been trying to reach my toes for the past 30 sec, cant you tell by the colour i have went?

Anyway the mx5s is great for a shagged out back, just put the heated seats on "nuke" and ... ahh its like you have no sore back and feel like a pensioner thats wet himself.

In fact the interior is excellent, one of the reasons i got this over a gt86 as its interior is not even close to this - and it has loads less toys for lots more folded pictures of the queen.

I found another neat we feature, it has hill assistance start. Say your a bit of a poof when it comes to hill starts, its ok loads of folk cant do this (especially wummin). This thin will hold the brakes on for 2 seconds after you remove your foot from the middle pedal to stop you rolling back if it detects a gradient. Nifty, would be handy in a driving test.

It also has some **** lane departure toss as well, apparently beeps at you if you drift out of lane on a motorway like a 85yr old. I have found the button for this feature and it will be getting disabled as i like to drift about the motorway upsetting audis.

Rides
    I really dont know how they get new cars to heat up so quickly, my Focus is warm by the time i get to the end of my road lol whereas my BM was just getting warm when I got to work (about 6 miles)

Hill assist is also awesome

Looking forward to getting heated seats next month, my back certainly needs them.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Its got a lovely interior, and those led lights are bloody epic.

Rides
    That's pritty cool, I like how the arches are visible from inside. Not quite as good as seeing pop ups mind, but good effort

Rides
    So nearly 300 miles in (not done a lot of driving recently) and the first really wet day out in it.

Its brilliant, cant say much more than that. Ok there are a few niggles, like the dab being unusable here (poor reception area) and it looking like a bumper car with that aerial but they are few and far between.
    One thing about the engine, i wish it had more zing up at the top end - ok it might be because mine is still new and will open up a bit down the road but it doesnt really make you want to ring it out to the redline much. A remap with 20hp and an extra 500rpm might fix this or it may loosen up.
    Its still quick just doesnt feel the need to go to the limiter which i recon is missing a trick as thats the whole point.

Anyway, modded i modded the infotainment system with some tweeks to fix some of the more stupid designs on it - like mute/pause ect.. now seems more sensible.

Rides
    Sweet. Hopefully it'll just loosen up a touch. I'm assuming you're not following the manufacturers recommended break in procedure and you're following the Absolutely ****ing Spanking It Everywhere method employed by the vast majority of folk that hand their sports cars back after the end of the PcP?

Rides
    Couldnt find the run in procedure, i presume i would have to read the manual for it
    So seeing as how i aint seen it there isnt one ...er honest.

Rides
    Most new cars have been ragged from the factory to the car park, then onto the boat, then off the boat and onto the truck anyway

Breaking in engines is so 1990
    Mark is right.

Rides
    So now on near 1000 miles finally, so whats the chat.

This car seems to have been made by folk who understand ... drivers. Its near perfect in the what a decent drivers car should be.
    The control are excellent, the seating is great, the driving position is magic, the cabin switchgear all fall to the driver without over complicating things.

Its not slow, there i said it again. It really aint, think around a fiesta ST or clio 197 speed which is fine. Ok i still wish it had a harder top end but its not bad.
    It looks great, they did a good job with the design - the new metal hard top version looks even better but i of course adds weight so the soft top is the one to go for imho.

Refinement is excellent for a cloth top, heck its bloody good compared to my old e46 - the noise in the cabin is not annoying and it is stable at high speeds and doesnt fidget on the motor way like the old msport liked to (actually it was just pish full stop)

Handling is excellent, 7 - tenths is easy but ratchet it up and it seems to find another mode of attack - maybe its the diff in the posh model or maybe those dampers or maybe the whole range is like this but if you kick it hard it seems to change from the hyperactive little puppy to a mean and much more focused drive. The so called excessive roll that EVO mag were whining about is not an issue and appears to vanish once you really go for it.
    Grip is either brilliant when you want it or missing when you er... want it, i dont know how this thing knows the difference between max grip on a back road and not wanting any on a mini roundabout... spooky. I have lit the TC light only a couple of times so far, its seems looser than a cheep whores underware

So it really is the most fun you can have in a cheepish car. Yeah hot hatches and other vulgar shit like german 4wd boredom mobiles are fast and enticing but make no mistake you will not be having more fun than in a wee MX-5... dont kid yourself, a 1500k plus shared platform is no match in the hilarity stakes for a bespoke little over a ton rwd giggle machine.
    If you can manage the practicality side of things (and its not bad at all) then currently there is not many better sets of wheels out there.

Ohh and i still struggle to get it lower than 35Mpg on a thrash

Rides
    Sounds really really good. Is it better than a 200SX?

Rides
    A fatwa has just been issued !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I really like it, and i'm not sure i like that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Sounds really really good. Is it better than a 200SX?
    Lets be honest, a lot of stuff is better than the SX thesedays.

The s14 is prob slightly quicker stock for stock in a straight line, not a lot in it though. Handling wise FPMSLOL... er ... a stock sx would prob just best use a radio to keep track of one of these on a back road.
    Ok modded then its different, we all know how well the sx responds to mods but you still have an early 90s platform with a god awful interior and no modern comforts like heated seats and led lights.

A better comparison would be against stuff like the gt86 (which seems to be slower), the old s2000 (less user friendly), BMW convertibles (too fat) and hot hatches (too 1 dimensional these days - POOOOWER-)

It aint fully perfect, nowt is... could do with a better sports exhaust and a remap but its good enough.

Like...

Rides
    Yea I know what you're saying just trying to keep things SXOC :P certainly not a hair dressers car anymore.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Yea I know what you're saying just trying to keep things SXOC :P certainly not a hair dressers car anymore.
    It will always be a hairdressers car
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It will always be a hairdressers car
    Ssshh he thinks it's better than a 200SX, he must be mentally unstable, don't upset him.

Rides
    There is a reason that he is only posting pictures of the car's BOTTOM

Rides
    That second picture has a BROWN MX-5
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    I'll leave this here for you:

http://www.bbrgti.com/bbr-unveils-en...mx-5-miata-nd/

They already have a turbo on one too.

I am only doing this because you're testing my restraint by posting this, I have so much want for one of these. I sat in a Recaro edition with a turbo a couple of weeks ago, and I adored it. SUCH a nice place to be.