Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New car time

Rides
    Is there anything in the PCP deal that says you can't mod it ? In the really,really small print.

Rides
    Not that i know of, its still being financed like a normal HP job just your doing part of it.

Rides
    I change mine every year when it needs a service, tax and a set of front tyres

Pretty sure modding new cars voids the warrenty anyway, you might get away with a set of wheels but if you start messing with the engine or suspension you are just giving them an excuse to fook you off.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Certainly will void the warranty if you mod it, fortunately mazda do exhausts and stuff from there own catalogue which should be fine.
    As for a remap, as long as they cannot detect it you should be ok, so remove it before going for a service.

Rides
    Yer I have looked at the Mountune stuff for the STs but as its warranty backed, its fortunes lol.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    That doesn't look at all bad for an MX5.

Rides
    The mountune kit for the fiesta ST is ok, its not BIIIIIG power but reasonable - and warranted. The big upgrades aint covered by ford by mountune do a parts one i think.

BBR do a 185 setup for the ND mx5 which is an exhaust / filter and remap so not a big job.

Rides
    So, what you guys are saying is that you can get a new car on PCP with a big balloon. You can lower it, fit big wheels, kick shit out of the bumpers and cable tie it, hang small toys from the towing eye and stick stickers down the doors, rip out the interior and fit bucket seats then give it back to the leasing company after 4 years and they'll just go "Oh, OK then. There is nothing in the lease says you can't do that so that fine" ?

Rly ?

Rides
    Well no, as long as you hand it back in decent condition then its fine. Going all SXOC on it will no doubt make it worthless on resale.

Things like the mountune kit for the ST is fine as its ford approved ect, a wing the size of a 747s will likely not be.

Rides
    As I said you would probably get away changing the wheels as long as when you give it back it has the originals on. You start lowering it and fitting turbo kits then you are just asking for trouble.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    As I said you would probably get away changing the wheels as long as when you give it back it has the originals on. You start lowering it and fitting turbo kits then you are just asking for trouble.
    Chuck an ls3 in there, no one will notice

Rides
    And finally...

Rides
    Fox Mulder's new MX5?

Rides
    I am particularly happy with the chav plate

It can fairly shift for a 160hp though, weighing next to feck all helps along with short gearing.
    I also had a 2 out of 5 try voice command success rate earlier which is better than the last time i tried talking to a car.

Rides
    LOL Jaguar disabled the voice system on the XF because it was so shit.
    I also took the chav plate off my car today, which was nice.

more photos required, and coilovers. they'll be over the moon when you hand it back having replaced the coilovers with shiny new std shocks.

Rides
    So after having it for a few days and had it covered in bird shit already... some observations.

The stereo is epic, best i have ever seen in a factory install... ok i aint been in a lot of high end audio cars but this thing is awesome. Proper kick to the base from the sub and good responses from the smaller speakers.
    The heated seats are excellent when you have a sore back.
    The interior heats up in a very short time, when it has done its roasting inside - like your driving your own mini-sun around - had the roof down for a short drive in the country earlier, 13c and ... well it just didnt matter.

Decent ride over the terrible roads round here, far far far.....x100 better than the BMW to say the least.
    Has loads of go low down, surprising this but it shifts around the town. Going high on the revs to the limiter doesnt seem to be giving a lot of zing up the top end but it has only done 50 miles so far and it might open up a bit.
    Boots pretty decent to be honest.
    Lots of roar from the engine/zorts when you nail it.. proper sports noise and not some crap drone from an aftermarket pipe.

Stuff that i dont like, well the audio control system should pause the bloody music when its put on mute, there is a hack for this. Likewise there is a few strange layouts in the audio system which can be organised to make more sense.
    The cup holders are ****, i cannot believe that half the reviews i have watched from the yanks have been going on about these things like they are the most important thing in the car. I am removing them.
    I am scuffing the door when i get in and out, mainly because i am a cripple and all sense of flexibility left me in my 20s..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I am particularly happy with the chav plate

It can fairly shift for a 160hp though, weighing next to feck all helps along with short gearing.
    I also had a 2 out of 5 try voice command success rate earlier which is better than the last time i tried talking to a car.
    how much do these weigh? what's it like compared to a mk1/2?

Rides
    Depends on the spec but the 2ltr manual sport seems to be about 1025 kilos with the 1.5 coming in at a ton on the nose - not much between them.
    Think its the lightest mx5 since the mk1.

Feels... rather different to a 1520 kilos diesel 3 series.. just a wee bit.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Needs more lows
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    i am a cripple and all sense of flexibility left me in my 20s..

Lolzors