Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New car time

Rides
    I love that ^ but last I heard JW it wasn't getting built??

Rides
    I live in hope. I did see a report in Dec 2015 that it was going to be in US showrooms in March/April 2016. Can't seem to find that now though Maybe I dreamed it.

Rides
    Just found this from Jan 2016. Its been on show at the Paris show apparently...

http://releasedatesofcars.com/2017-nissan-idx/

No idea how reliable that source is though.

Rides
    Seriously cool if it is. I'd rock that

Rides
    I was under the impression the iDX was not getting built, at least not in the form pictured.

As for practicality - i could easily live with the MX5.. The image problem is really an older issue, the new one looks like a mini batmobile imho.. about as far from bent as you could get but of course some will always argue otherwise..

Rides
    How tall are you? Sat in a MX5 at Goodwood and didnt fit with the roof up My eye line was also at the top of the screen so would have to learn forward to see where I was going, its not a tall mans car Was very nice though.

Fiesta ST all day long (but I would say that) I wouldnt even consider the swift if you are thinking Fiesta
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    6ft, think i will need to go back and have a sit down in it.

Fiesta is great, but... they are like arseholes - everyone seems to have one

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Fiesta ST all day long (but I would say that) I wouldnt even consider the swift if you are thinking Fiesta
    Wouldn't there be a huge price differential between the two though?

Rides
    The swift is what... 6 k less than an st3... The mx 5 with the options you want (sport and prob the 2ltr) is about 2k more than the fiesta.
    PCP wise, the swifts in the 180 quid a month bracket, the fiesta about 270 and the MX could be 300 / low 300s.

Rides
    So the Swift is ~£2.5k less over a 3 year PCP? That's substantial but not as substantial as I'd have thought, actually.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Wouldn't there be a huge price differential between the two though?
    Yer but if you are worried about the price you could get a RED/Black edition with the 140ps engine which will still be better than the Swift and about the same price.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    So the Swift is ~£2.5k less over a 3 year PCP? That's substantial but not as substantial as I'd have thought, actually.
    Suppose it depends on the final figure ect, how much the swift would lose over 3 years than the fiesta (i assume the st3 will hold a little more value).

Rides
    90 quid over 3 years would be 3,250 surely

There could also be differences in the upfront deposit and the balloon possibly ?

Rides
    I know its not high on your list but the boot in the swift is pathetic for the size of car IMHO.

Trade off is decent rear leg room in the moredoor version.

Was really really impressed with the kit and drive of the swift however.

The only other issue I can see with the Ford is all the OBD defeat thefts of the things.

My best mates ST was nicked outside his house. He heard the glass being smashed but by the time he got outside they had it running and off his drive.

Shame, because my word that car drives well.

Rides
    IIRC, its the keyless entry ones that have the problem. I'm sure Mark can confirm.

Rides
    Fortunately i live in a low crime area with off street parking however its alarming we are in 2016 and cars can still be pinched by simple bypasses and vulnerabilities.

Rides
    IIRC Keyless is standard on an ST3 if that's a concern.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was keyless, it would be just another facet of the whole keyless thing that's completely shit. Message to anyone buying a new Ford - FFS don't pay for keyless, it's a pointless waste of money. We only got it as I they wouldn't move much on price so I set about trying to get them to throw as much free shit into the deal as possible
    Maybe I've been spoiled by better systems, but I didn't expect keyless to feature a square black button on the door that you have to press to lock and unlock the sodding car. I expected to be able to walk up to the car with the key in my pocket and just open it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    IIRC Keyless is standard on an ST3 if that's a concern.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was keyless, it would be just another facet of the whole keyless thing that's completely shit. Message to anyone buying a new Ford - FFS don't pay for keyless, it's a pointless waste of money. We only got it as I they wouldn't move much on price so I set about trying to get them to throw as much free shit into the deal as possible
    Maybe I've been spoiled by better systems, but I didn't expect keyless to feature a square black button on the door that you have to press to lock and unlock the sodding car. I expected to be able to walk up to the car with the key in my pocket and just open it.

ST3 is keyless, ST2 isnt, just has the start button. The keyless system is a bit pony, missus had it on her Fiesta and like you say pushing the button on the door is rubbish. My advice to anyone with any car with a power button is to use a steering lock or similar, thats what I do on my ST. The system on all new model fords from the current Mondeo is a lot better and it sounds the alarm if anyone accesses the port with the car locked.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    The mx5 has one of those buttons in the door as well for keyless doodah.

Not totally convinced of the need to do away with a key but hey ho.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    ST3 is keyless, ST2 isnt, just has the start button. The keyless system is a bit pony, missus had it on her Fiesta and like you say pushing the button on the door is rubbish. My advice to anyone with any car with a power button is to use a steering lock or similar, thats what I do on my ST. The system on all new model fords from the current Mondeo is a lot better and it sounds the alarm if anyone accesses the port with the car locked.
    Its a start.

For now I know a lot of owners are placing the OBD port elsewhere or removing a fuse and yes using Steering locks.

Its mad that steering locks are still a thing in 2016.