Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easiest way to move a Parked Car ?

Rides

Easiest way to move a Parked Car ?

Hey guys,
    Some pr!ck has started to park right outside my house, which is pissing me off, as I cant park my own car there..
    A: I know I have no legal right to claim the ground for parking.
    B: The knobhead could park his 2002 Astra outside his own house.

Its a cul-de-sac style road, and the dick who has started using my space knows I park my car there, and have done since August....
    Apart from knocking on the door when I get home to say "move your car, or I will park my car on your drive", is there an easy way I can push the car forward ? (there would be nothing in front of it)....
    Not sure I could lift a car like that from the rear and push, unless I ate Weetabix first.....

Did wonder if I could drive up behind it slowly, then accelerate slightly to push the car without the backend denting ?!

Rides
    You could get some skates and roll it where ever the hell you wanted.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garag...g-wheel-skates

Rides
    Get over it. Seriously.
    People park outside our house sometimes, so, err, we park somewhere else.

It's not your space.

On the plus side, if this is the most pressing of your worries in life, your life is great.

If it really brothers you that much ,and you have a genuine reason (other than laziness) that you must park outside your own house, just go and knock on the guy's door and speak to him nicely and explain. You know, like an adult.
    Because the sort of nonsense you're talking about I'd the sort of thing that starts petty neighbour shit, which never ends well.
    Last edited by Si; 13-01-2016 at 16:04.

Rides
    Wheel skates !! that's what I need!!!! haha, if only they didn't cost so much!

Si, if I photo'd how the houses are, u would get my point.. Its not a straight road with terrace houses, with that layout, I wouldn't mind.....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartUK View Post
    Si, if I photo'd how the houses are, u would get my point.. Its not a straight road with terrace houses, with that layout, I wouldn't mind.....
    I'd be surprised if it was any worse than my road that was built at a time that access by car wasn't really a consideration.

Rides
    With you putting you have no legal right to claim the ground for parking then in all honestly why don't you just go round and ask nicely why he doesn't park outside his house?

Moving his car or whatever sounds ridiculous.. Just speak to him/her..

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Is it next to a driveway etc? Only way to stop people parking there is to get a drop curb installed.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Park across his drive? As long as he has nothing parked on it then he has no legal way to force you to move either

Rides
    post up some photos and let the sxoc decide

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmet***asket View Post
    Park across his drive? As long as he has nothing parked on it then he has no legal way to force you to move either
    If his drive has a dropped kerb, then its an offence punishable by FPN, however, its a Local Authority matter, not a police one.
    Last edited by Si; 13-01-2016 at 17:42.

Rides
    I was under the impression that was only enforcible when blocking someone from exiting as opposed to entering, unless they've changed that rule now?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    If his drive has a dropped kerb, then its an offence punishable by FPN, however, its a Local Authority matter, not a police one.
    Only if there's somebody parked on the drive and at home, I've had all this with the local authorities because pricks park across my drive as its big and their reason is always.... "You've got a big drive it doesn't matter"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    We had someone park across the parents drive so someone hooked it up to a landrover and dragged it down the road after warning the owner.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I suspect pushing said car, putting skates under it or whatever would likely get you some finger waving by plod if owner decided it was worth a complaint.

Not worth it imho.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    Only if there's somebody parked on the drive and at home, I've had all this with the local authorities because pricks park across my drive as its big and their reason is always.... "You've got a big drive it doesn't matter"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may be wrong, but I think it's that if there is a car that can't get out, its a job for the police so they can be called out, but not if there isn't a car on it.
    However, in either case, the local authority have powers to ticket the car, but it's local government, so don't expect a quick response...
    Last edited by Si; 14-01-2016 at 07:01.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think it's that if there is a car that can't get out, its a job for the police so they can be called out, but not if there isn't a car on it.
    However, in either case, the local authority have parts to ticket the car, but it's local government, so don't expect a quick response...
    All depends on access and egress requirements stipulated in the deeds. For example pass and repass at ANYTIME without limitation. My parents house in the UK has this.

Rides
    One of my neighbours regularly has a tosser of a friend who restricts the shared access to our houses so much you drag your car down a bush.... They think it's ok as you can still get past - w*nker

So I asked politely, they got arsey, I explained it was not the public highway and they are not covered by anyone's insurance... They seemed less than interested .... so I hooked up the trailer that doesn't fit and moved their little Fiat panda with the ifor Williams, I was not letting the day I booked off work to fit fencing be wasted by some dick who made it so I couldn't get out my own access...

Strangely non of their mates park there now

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    You need a better house. With a drive.

You can't move someone elses car because they park on the road outside your house.

Rides
    I live in a cul-de-sac with 10 houses, there are 16 cars and 2 LWB Transits so your problem is insignificant
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    A: Learn to understand Ranting FFS
    B: Above
    C: ....

However, for comedy value, i'll play ball and throw in some facts and crap about parking crap.. just gonna do a screen grab now