Thread: Celebrating New Year with some tarmac attack ! - onboard

Rides

Celebrating New Year with some tarmac attack ! - onboard

Rides
    That looked like a lot of fun, if also a little scary.
    I'd love to do something like rallying, however you need big balls to do it competitively, with the buildings and the blocks and the trees, and err trees.

Rides
    That end section looked like someone was enjoying themselves too much to let up off the throttle
    Enjoyed watching that!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That looked like a lot of fun, if also a little scary.
    I'd love to do something like rallying, however you need big balls to do it competitively, with the buildings and the blocks and the trees, and err trees.
    It is not hard to get into rallying, atleast on an amateur level, you can improve very quickly. But if you start with a quick car it is very important to either have a very experienced co-driver, or to start slowly and be careful in the beginning. Luckily I havent met any trees or blocks, but the rear end likes to hang out so the occasional "guard rail tap" is inevitable

And yeah that last section... I try to keep sliding to a minimal to improve my stage time, but the car does not like to go straight haha

Rides
    Awesome Looks like group B days with all the fans

Also is that the Hungaroring? looks very familiar from my trip there last year

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    Awesome Looks like group B days with all the fans

Also is that the Hungaroring? looks very familiar from my trip there last year
    Yes, good eyes! This is the Szilveszter Rallye, its a quite famous event in central europe. There are 2 stages, one that runs on the ring and the service roads and one that runs on the roads around the Hungaroring.

You should have seen the fans last year. There was a section where they were standing on the road and only left seconds before the cars got there. It was just like in the old videos. That feeling driving through there was amazing.

Rides
    very nice, i enjoyed watching that. At 1.47 I'd say a few people in the crowd pooed themselves a little bit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    very nice, i enjoyed watching that. At 1.47 I'd say a few people in the crowd pooed themselves a little bit
    Haha maybe. But thats why the choose that corner. Thats the most actionful corner every year. Check this video at 5:00

Rides
    the last section in first video looked nuts,like no room for error
    , as ever very cool to see the car working hard, nice bit of driving mate enjoyed that
    and the youtube russian to english translate of the Co driver is comedy gold

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by croatoan View Post
    Haha maybe. But thats why the choose that corner. Thats the most actionful corner every year. Check this video at 5:00
    ah yeah I see what you mean!