Thread: Sr silicon hoses

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Sr silicon hoses

Anyone use eBay silicon hoses on their car? Look ok and seem great value.

Are silicon hoses just silicon hoses or are these much more likely to fail??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    last week I bought the cheapest 90degree silicone elbow I could find off ebay and it don't really look or feel much different to my sfs/viper performance stuff I have fitted on my s13.

is that a complete 'kit' for £55???

im trying to think of whats different between redtop and vvt SR20's

Rides
    I’ve got a full set of cheap ones(gplus) for 40 odd quid and have been fine for 2 years with a high pressure 1.3 bar cap on it only thing I found was the clamps were terrible some wouldn’t do up some leaked after a short while so I bought a few assorted boxes of good clamps from frauds and they have been fine ever since

Most don’t include any of the under manifold ones though so I’m still looking for some of them

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    The other option is roose hoses @£118 for the set, think that has the hoses under the plenum but need to check
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Cheap silicone will degrade quicker. Probably not in the time you have the car. But do you really want cheap parts on your car?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Cheap silicone will degrade quicker. Probably not in the time you have the car. But do you really want cheap parts on your car?
    Thanks for your answer, imagined it was cheap for a reason. No problem with cheaper bits on the car as long as there is no real detriment to the car. Not a massive brand whore but if it won't last it's no good for me

Rides
    It’s a total guess without data. They will likely be ok for the time you have the car. But I’m not a risk fan.

Rides
    I've seen a cheap set on my mates R34 go from bright red to nasty faded white/pink in not a lot of time. I bought a set of SFS coolant hoses for mine, only the 2 rad ones. Personally I can see a difference between the more expensive brands. That's not to say the cheap ones will fail, but they're definitely not the same quality.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Perfect. Cheers for the feedback