Thread: S14 wipers not working

Rides

S14 wipers not working

Since swapping an rb25 in my s14, my wipers on front are not working on any speed, but the rear wiper is working from the stalk switch, I have removed the motor and tested it on the battery and its spinning on all speeds.I have used the brown amp from an rb25 and the plug is also from an rb25 as its connected to the engine harnessJust wondering is this problem due to the engine swap?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    SO the motor is ok? are oyu getting voltage to the motor from the wiring? check the pin out from the RB harness matches the SR wiper motor

Rides
    The diagram for the wiring instructed me not to touch the wiper wires so I didn't as said wiper motor is working I assumed it to be seized but it's not I'm not getting any voltage from the wiper motor plug, is there a fuse for the front wipers? As rears are working

Flamethrower
    Rides
    I would assume so. check the fuse boxes first. then check voltage before and after the fuses.

Rides
    Would you know where the fuse is? I don't have the diagram in the car

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Havent got a clue. will it have a diffrent fuse loaction then? if its the standard fuse locations, they are next to the battery and drivers footwell

Rides
    turns out im not getting any power to the motor from the switch and the fuse is fine any ideas guys

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Is there power ping into the switch?

Rides
    ill have to check ran out of daylight yesterday

Rides
    but im guessing there is as rear wipers are working with same switch, but the switch is divided into two separating the front and rear on the stalk with front being activated when the stalk is moved up and down and rear being activated when stalked turned

Rides
    this is so damn frustrating as i have finally finished my car after 1 year of a hard build and i cant drive it over winter due to not being able to see in the rain

Flamethrower
    Rides
    If you have power up to the switch, but not out of the switch. Faulty switch. If you have power in and out of the switch but none at the motor, broken wire.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosky View Post
    If you have power up to the switch, but not out of the switch. Faulty switch. If you have power in and out of the switch but none at the motor, broken wire.
    genius, ill have a look into this over next weekend thanks man appreciated

Rides
    I would double check your rb harness as from memory I thought the wipers were fed through one of the connectors that was different

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsx View Post
    I would double check your rb harness as from memory I thought the wipers were fed through one of the connectors that was different
    are you sure as the guide i followed doesn't mention touching the wipers

heres the guide

http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s...S14_Jan_10.pdf

Rides
    ok i may have figured were i went wrong, when i done my conversion loom i just bought the f4 connector from garage d without the full sr harness, im guessing there is no wires going out to the wiper plug as i should have kept the sr wiper plug (which i didnt have to begin with) as the rb loom doesnt have the wires going to the right place of the wiper pins. very confusing i know but i understand lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fifi View Post
    are you sure as the guide i followed doesn't mention touching the wipers

heres the guide

http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s...S14_Jan_10.pdf

Yep lol its been afew years since I built a harness for this conversion but I was pretty sure the F4 connector contained wiper and ABS functions that need keeping/ moving

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsx View Post
    Yep lol its been afew years since I built a harness for this conversion but I was pretty sure the F4 connector contained wiper and ABS functions that need keeping/ moving
    yes that makes sense i wouldn't have had the wiper part of the harness or abs as i bought just the f4 plug from a butchered loom. so i need to rewire it, f*** my life lol