Thread: Recirc turbo flutter?

Rides

Recirc turbo flutter?

Hello people after some advise really on my recirc valve, story goes when i originally bought the car it had a piece of pipe going from the recirc to the intake deleting the stock hard pipe,i then replaced the pipe with a silicone pipe but never really liked it going over the front of the engine so about a month ago i just blanked them off and removed the recirc valve aka pigeon mod. but after running it for a little bit it was using to much fuel and backfired all the time sounds good but not good on the wallet. so today i re fitted the recirc valve but this time i used the stock hard pipe with two hoses connected at each end. but now it will recirc at low revs but anything over 5 psi boost all can hear is turbo flutter coming through the air filter, it never did it before so just wondering why its doing now?

its running a forge recirc valve and was working perfectly before i removed it last, only thing ive noticed is its not back firing as much now but still get the odd one.

Rides
    Have you connected it to the right vac port coming off of the plenum?

Rides
    I connected the vac pipe to the one on the far left if you look directly under the throttle body exactly where it was before?

Rides

This is where I have mine connected. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Just checked its in the correct place

Rides
    Only other thing I can think is to remove the recirc and check that the piston is moving freely by pushing it with your finger. I disassembled mine, cleaned, re greased and re assembled mine before I installed it on my first car. Could be worth a shot if it's just been sitting

Rides
    Sounds like a sticking valve, did it work properly before?

Rides
    How do you know it recircs at low revs?

Rides
    Checked valve today seems to be free but felt like it was getting caught up when pressing it down with my finger, just been out in it again and I can hear the valve on low boost sub 5psi and I'm getting no turbo flutter at all. But anything over 5 psi just get turbo flutter

I think the valves getting stuck as someone's mentioned, does anyone recommend a different one to a forge valve? The one fitted does look old but was working perfect before I removed it a month ago.

Rides
    I'm sure you can unscrew the top of the forge ones to dismantle them, gotta be worth a try before getting another one. Might just be really dirty inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    You can remove the top I tried it today but it was seized and then it started raining so didn't have enough time to get it all apart I'll try again tomorrow if the weather lets me

Rides
    Right I took it off this morning and have cleaned it out and greased the o rings inside, it now moves freely but took the car out again and it's still doing the exact same thing! Checked all pipes for any blockages and it's all clear so not really sure what's happening.

Rides
    Seems odd that it's doing that. Go to post 7 and follow the steps they lay out.
    http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=295617

Hope that helps a bit

Rides
    Ill give it another check over and see what I find thanks for that

Rides
    Had another check today and did the test on how it said on that forum, the valve dropped more than 5mm and there was barley and gap at the bottom of the valve but once released my finger the valve returned to its normal position. checked all pipes and everythings fine no blockages etc. so i think the valve might be at fault.

just a quick one what's the stock recirc valve rated to hp wise? im going for a stage 1a h-dev remap end of the month so im not running big power.