Thread: New Staffs Member, Rich's First S-Body (S14a)

Rides

New Staffs Member, Rich's First S-Body (S14a)

Hi all, thought I would stick a few pictures up of my S14a.

I went to view a few before purchasing this one, and although I was adamant I would have any colour apart from green, I couldn't turn this one down. It ended up being a relatively local car that had spent around 4 years off the road or doing very little mileage and had recently had a load of new parts thrown at it to recommission it.

Spec as I purchased it was:-

-1998 S14a UK model
    -Emerald green
    -74K miles
    -Auto converted to 5spd manual
    -New uprated clutch (make unknown)
    -Blitz Type 03 18" 3 piece split rims
    -New coilovers w/camber adjustable top mounts (Yellowspeed maybe?)
    -New discs/pads
    -Braided brake hoses
    -F/bumper washer jets smoothed
    -New black edition FMIC and pipework
    -Small battery
    -Japspeed manifold, elbow, downpipe
    -Blitz Nur Spec exhaust w/decat
    -Aftermarket air filter
    -Front and rear strut braces

In the first few weeks of using it I had the coolant feed to the turbo split on route to a weekend away with the other half. Managed to have a hydraulic hose made up to replace it with luckily to get it back on the road (pain to change with the turbo/exhaust all in place). I followed this with the oil feed to the turbo splitting not long after on route to Rockingham spewing oil all over the exhaust manifold (not fun). I got towed back and removed the turbo and manifold, fitted all new Driftworks braided lines, gaskets, studs, locking nuts, Kenjistu locking tabs and even replaced a few missing studs in the back of the turbo to elbow (big thanks to Conceptua Tuning and Driftworks for the speedy delivery of all the bits). Fixed! Turns out the turbo to mani gasket had been blowing as well.

Decided to fit a new OEM Nissan water pump, new thermostat, oil and filter change with Titan Race Pro S 5w40, coolant change, cleaned the MAF element, two new front bottom ball joints, brake fluid flush/replace, tracking, Pioneer double din headunit, greased coilovers and fit new spark plugs too whilst I was at it. For the inside she got treated to a new Nardi 350mm deep corn with perforated leather and HKB boss again courtesy of Driftworks. A genuine Veilside gearknob, Tims boost gauge, Apex carbon gauge panel and full clean were in order too.

Anyway she got used then as much as possible whilst the weather was good including a track day at Curborough, Japfest 2 and a trip to the Evo Triangle. Here's a couple of pics

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Nice exhaust setup! How loud is it?

I think emerald green is the best colour going

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosky View Post
    Nice exhaust setup! How loud is it?

I think emerald green is the best colour going
    It's ridiculously loud and the baffles vibrate in the back box making it sounds like a 1.2 Corsa with a cherry bomb. That's my honest answer I'm ordering a HKS Hi Power for it on Monday, hopefully it will be quieter than the Nur Spec R (for sale soon if anyone is after one cheap).

The colour has grown on me a lot but it still may change to a nice white or red yet

Rides
    Winter mode enabled. Suspension greased and raised, stock wheels fitted and spaced 25mm all round.

Rides
    Wheels, rocket bunny style spoiler, 50mm rear over fenders and front overfenders purchased

Would it be sacrilegious to cut up a really clean UK shell just to fit overfenders?

Rides
    Yes 100% - **** fiberglass

Rides
    I saw this on ebay, looked a real clean (and shiny) example! Itd deffo be sacrilege to chop it up!!! Your car tho but id have bought one with rusty arches or something if gna chop it up for overfenders!

Rides
    Nice. Love those wheels, colour and style suit it really well.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    On me a price of the nut spec mate

Rides
    Awesome car just one problem with it, the same problem i have with mine, the colour lol. When i was on the hunt for one i was happy with any colour but green, just like you the deal was too good to pass on. I think im going to go pearl white or nogaro blue in the summer. Love the wheels by the way, good luck with the car mate.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_ View Post
    Wheels, rocket bunny style spoiler, 50mm rear over fenders and front overfenders purchased

Would it be sacrilegious to cut up a really clean UK shell just to fit overfenders?
    Your car mate you do what you like I'm doing the same to my 180 lol.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosky View Post
    On me a price of the nut spec mate
    If you can collect from Cannock, Staffs then just make me an offer. Off the top of my head it has some scrapes/dents on the underside from catching speed bumps and as mentioned above the baffles in the back box rattle. Is £50 reasonable?

Edit - Oh and one hanger has snapped.. just make me an offer.
    Last edited by rich_; 01-01-2016 at 12:24.

Rides
    Spoiler test fitted and the car booked in with Fat Fender body shop for front and rear overfenders to be fitted (using riv nuts and security bolts) and colour coded. It's the same guys who supplied the parts so makes sense to use them for the fitting. Very impressed with the spoiler fitment, just some very minor prep work and it will be good to go.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Your car mate you do what you like I'm doing the same to my 180 lol.
    That's what it all comes down to at the end of the day I guess, I'm in no rush to sell it so balls to the resale value

Rides
    Wheels have also arrived courtesy of Driftworks.

Cosmis XT206R in black with gold side milling and polished lip with engraving

9.5J ET10 & 11J ET8.

I have spacers to use with them also as they won't clear the brakes. Currently have 4 x 25mm hubcentric spacers but we'll see how the test fit goes when I get tyres mounted. Looking at Nan-twang NS2-R's or maybe the Achilles 123S.

Also managed to get into the new readers rides section in Japanese Performance Magazine

Last edited by rich_; 04-01-2016 at 21:47.

Rides
    Think I had best sign up for membership and turn this into a small project thread.