Thread: Ignition will not turn off / Weak spark / Non starter....?????

Rides

Ignition will not turn off / Weak spark / Non starter....?????

This project has challenged me like no other, so here is my latest problem that I just cannot resolve.

For back ground I have put a CA18DET in my RA23 celica. All wiring of the F8 and F10 connectors is correct, and it worked 'ok' for a while.

When I turn the ignition on it all lights up and ECU turns on. When I turn the ignition off again nothing turns off unless I unplug the coilpack harness or the ignition amplifier.

I have changed the ignition amplifier (power transistor) for another with no change.

The ECCS relay and coilpack relay stay on unless I unplug either then the other will turn off.

It feels like an earthing problem but I have checked all my earths and all seems fine.

I have gone over all my wiring a dozen times and can't see anything wrong.

I keep coming back to the power transistor, I have checked two of them according to the workshop manual but get weird results on both. I have attached an image to show what I should get and what I do get. I am no electrician so can't make head nor tail of the readings.

Can anyone help?

Rides
    Solved! Simple, I connected the resistor connection to the transistor and vice versa upon reassembly!