Thread: Essex & Kent Members, do you use Facebook?

Rides

Essex & Kent Members, do you use Facebook?

If so join the group to get meeting notifications

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528179937497681/
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Johnny Wilkinsonson doesn't. Because old.

Rides
    Because I'm old enough to know that my time on this earth is so limited that I don't want to waste what little there is getting sucked into the resource sink that is Fakebook

There has been a definite unannounced shift towards Facebook on here, I think to the detriment of the forum but we still get some "Help needed" threads and the wanted and for sale which is something that Facebook doesn't do very well.

I think that what is needed is an open debate and a vote? around whether the club moves forwards as a website and forum or just as a Facebook group.

For the first time in 12 years, I'm seriously considering not renewing my membership. All I seem to be paying for is the opportunity to go to Duxford and to subsidise other people's track day aka the Weekender.

Maybe we should look to put advertising on the website to fund the forum and allow it to scale back to just a technical resource, move the social side to facebook and abandon the concept of a subscription-funded club.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 29-01-2016 at 07:48.

Rides
    That's something for the members to discuss though mate. Put a thread up in the members section (if you haven't already) and see what discussion ensues.

Facebook is just a tool. I don't waste my life on it because I have better things to do. It's like anything. Sensible moderation and pick and choose what you want to see and read.

Rides
    It also requires social skills that I am sadly lacking.

Why is it just a discussion for members ? Surely the points of view of ex-members and not-yet members is just as valid if not more valid.

Rides
    I was picking up on the idea of...

Maybe we should look to put advertising on the website to fund the forum and allow it to scale back to just a technical resource, move the social side to facebook and abandon the concept of a subscription-funded club.

Rides
    "Essex & Kent Members, do you use Facebook?"

Not if I can avoid it, I only go on there if someone tells me there is something I should look at, turned off all notifications from it years ago.
    bovvered?