Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nismo lmgt2's

Rides

Nismo lmgt2's

Think this is the correct place for this

So I'm basically after some information about these wheels and whether the information I have already collected is correct.

I'm looking at lmgt2's I prefer the face of them compared to lmgt1's. From reading the gt1 is 18 inch and the gt2 is 17 inch and came in various offsets for the different skylines.

What I'd like to know is are the gt2 2 piece or 3 piece or did they come in both as I have seen people advertising 18 inch gt2 which have been re barreled but if it's 2 piece you could only step the front up to 18 not the rear. So I'm a bit confused lol

Thanks mike

Rides
    The set I owned were 100% two piece. Consisted of the centre and the rim /barrel so they could be increased if you wanted.

It sounds like you are talking about a 3 piece wheel by saying stepping the "front up".. That bit has confused me.

Rides
    I have genuine LMGT2s in four stud 17x8 all round. They are most certainly two piece not three. The 5spoke centre section is held on my 29 M7x32mm bolts, along with two brackets. The barrel has the rear of the wheel, the mounting lip with all the holes in it and the front lip all as one piece. There is no facility to rebarrel the back OR relip the front.

Rides
    Thanks for the info guys so essentially you take just the center piece and have to get a rim/barrel custom made to make it an 18" and what I meant cmr was some two piece wheels have the front lip as one piece and then the center and barrel are the other piece together. An example I was given is bbs rm's

And if you was trying to make the bigger you could only change the front lip not the barrel as it's apart of the center. Sorry am new to this is quite hard to describe what I mean lol
    Last edited by fikemoo; 28-11-2015 at 15:58.

Rides
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean mate about some wheels being the face and the barrel as one piece, and the lip as a separate piece that you can change, but these aren't that type of two piece. The entire barrel is one piece. And the spokes are another. I'm uploading some pics of mine to photobucket as we speak but my connection is shit.

Rides
    Awsome thanks buddy that's really helpful. I'm just wondering how these people are making them 18 inch they must have to re barrel the whole entire thing and only keep the center/the spokes which I can't imagine is cheap lol

Rides
    I don't see how you could do that with LMGT2s mate to be honest. The only thing you could transfer over would be the centre spoke part. This is the outer part. All one piece.

Last edited by Doug; 28-11-2015 at 19:34.

Rides
    Yeah I see what you mean. That ks for the help anyway bud

Mike

Rides
    ignore this
    Last edited by Doug; 28-11-2015 at 19:53.

Rides
    http://s5.photobucket.com/user/the_m...O0035.mp4.html

Thats a video showing them connected together.

I love my wheels. 1997 they were made!

Rides
    They truley are epic wheels I love them. 17's are just to small for me lol

Here is what I mean about custom sizes and I've checked the face the are deffo gt2 not 1's

Rides
    That looks fairl easy to achieve. just have to find a set of three piece rims and use the centre section of the GT2 in the middle. youd just have to make sure they were 30 bolt holes minus 1 for the valve. Its alot of work but i guess if you really want the GT2 face

Rides
    I've looked into rebarrelling these, you can't buy anything off the shelf so it has to be custom made. A company in the US did make a run of barrels/lips but no longer do so finding them is hard.
    I still plan to rebarrel a set to 18" 11j and 10j (ish) at some point but it will be ****ing expensive.

Rides
    agree with slamz, them 18's in your last pic fikemoo are custom stepped lips and barrels probs from the usa
    I don't think you can get anything here,only stateside if anywhere
    buy another set of wheels with 18 stepped lip/barrels and swap the centers?
    seen some with 2 sets of bolt holes like redrilled, but I found the bolt pcd varies as well as number of bolts
    my cv pro's (3 pc) are miles off my ultra c's (2pc) in pcd alone ,so bit of a mine field what is interchangeable

Rides
    So the lmgt2's did come in a 18inch size as I believed from reading the difference between the 1's and 2s was the sizem the 1's being 18 inch for r33 and the 2s being 17 inch. Surely there is a wheel barrel company in the uk that dob custom stuff? Probably fo*king expensive though lol

Rides
    not sure if still up and running? but these are only peeps used to do custom stuff iirc http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/
    you need a pretty big lathe to spin up a 18" rim safely,then factor in tooling wear/set up times/time it takes to machine it
    and no idea what a hefty chuck of aluminum to spin into an outer lip or inner barrel will cost alone tbh
    I think the find some used stepped lip 18s would be a far cheaper option to get what you want
    and with some clever measuring/checking may find some close enough to work,pairs of wheels come up cheaper tbh

Rides
    Image can make anything, but cheap it will not be! GT2's only came in 17's, LM GT1's are 18's and came on 400R Skylines.

Rides
    Yeah I thought so so lmgt2's you'd need like a step barrell to up the wheel size to 18 in total. Just out of curiosity. Doesn't have to be exact what money would you be looking at slamzzz lol

Rides
    Yea step barrel would be needed. When I had a look it was well over a grand just for barrels/lips, think one place in America wanted $800 per pair. So then add the original wheel price, refurbing the faces, bolt refurb or new bolts and then assembly to that and you're in 'new work wheels' money easily.

Rides
    They do look ****ing awesome though

Last edited by Slamz; 29-11-2015 at 19:27.