Thread: Good look underneath a modern car

Rides

Good look underneath a modern car

Pause about 45 seconds in, I thought it was quite interesting seeing the underneath in detail of a modern car.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/w96plp2/

I like how the 4 jacking points look fairly solid blocks rather than multiple layers of sill joins, twin exhaust from what sounds like a straight 6, great for ground clearance + virtually flat floor with the parachute rear bumper capped off.

I guess all that plastic would work wonders keeping chassis rot at bay would it not? Looks a pain in the ass to remove though, a zillion screws. Interesting bracing at the rear and notice the lightened rear arms?

Rides
    Amazing to see no rust :0.

Oh wait it isn't a 200....

Bet that catches a load of rubbish still under the plastic and hide rot in 15 years time

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jackm View Post
    Amazing to see no rust :0.

Oh wait it isn't a 200....

Bet that catches a load of rubbish still under the plastic and hide rot in 15 years time
    Arh shucks my car is amazing

Its a zenki too

Rides
    Plastics won't do shit. Over time the fasteners and bolts will break, they'll be held on using cable ties and be trapping moisture leading to rot. Ask any mk3 mr2 owner lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I've seen plenty of repmobiles pounding down the motorways with large bits of plastic flapping around underneath the car.
    Would be interesting to know if there is any noticeable performance benefit of having a flat floor on a road car like that???

Rides
    The problem with modern cars is it's really hard to work on them as everything is covered in plastic so you place your jack on the square pad then where do you place your stands ?
    The pads at hard rubber so after loads of messing about to eventually get you stands on the pads when you jack the other side up the stands constantly slip around

Th are designed for a 2/4 post lift not a diyer with jack and stands

Rides
    The jacking blocks arent anything new, my 2001 E46 has them.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Hate modern cars. Not only are they absolutely soulless, they're a barsteward to work on. I could list a million stupid designs that gave me genuine pause to ponder just what the **** the designer was thinking. French are the bloody worst for it. Ugh......ffs now you got me started.....