Thread: Front Lower arm ball joint issues hardrace Roll Correction ball joints S15

Rides

Front Lower arm ball joint issues hardrace Roll Correction ball joints S15

So I had my arms off today to fit my roll centre correction ball joints, once I had the old ones out I could just drop the new one in, no pressure and would rattle in the arm.

It's odd as I fitted some cheap ones last year and they fit, and the old one needed pressing back in.

The splined section on the ball joint measures 41.28mm which googling seems close to what it should be. It seems like I need 41.5mm-42mm.

I will call apex on Monday morning just hoping someone may have had this issue.

The only other thing (if it's not incorrect joints) is the arm hole has been widened by the cheap joints I fitted last year. Not sure...... I had to refit it all to get the car off the ramp as well...
    Video

Rides
    Have them front and rear and they fitted fine. I'd try and find some new lower arms mate.

Rides
    What do the holes in the arm measure ?

Rides
    well Unfortunately I had to rush to get the car reassembled as it was on a ramp at work and I couldn't leave it there. So i just repressed the old joint back in and got pissed off! So i didn't actually measure the arm which is what i needed to do.

Blaktooth, this is what I'm thinking, it seems odd though.

Rides
    New arms bought and ball joints fitted.

Tip of the day don't buy cheap ball joints in desperation as they are too wide and bugger your arms when you want to fit quality ones.