Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vag coil conversion

Rides

vag coil conversion

I am part way through working out exactly how to do the wiring for this and am using this wiring diagram.
    http://www.impactblue.org/content/di...wiring_diagram

-I am confused as to why it shows 2x power transistors for the coilpacks?

-I know i need the live feed from the ignition coil relay and the signal to each coilpack so can i take the signal wires from the ecu (join on at the ptu connector)?

Then obviously the ground to each coil.

Rides
    tnf was doing the looms recently drop him a pm, or might be email/contact number here http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...oilpack+ca18et

Rides
    I have spoken with him however seems a bit reluctant to help and would prefer to sell me one of his items although i wsnt to do mine myself!

Rides
    His kit is the business mate, don't faf around trying to do it yourself just get one off him.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    His kit is the business mate, don't faf around trying to do it yourself just get one off him.
    I am tempted but at £147 when i have all the stuff to make my own, thought i could give it a shot!

Rides

vag coil conversion

Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    I am tempted but at £147 when i have all the stuff to make my own, thought i could give it a shot!
    Just seen this on Instagram, dudes just fitted this to his CA

Rides
    Wonder if he's on here? And looks like one of tnf's looms.

Rides
    No one able to give any advice on the original questions?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    im not bad with electrics mate, ill take a look into it

Rides
    That guy is Italian, I don't know if he is here too but you can find him on nissansilviaclub.it or in the facebook page with same name

Rides
    You have 2 ptu's as each one will send power at correct voltage to only 2 cylinders while other "charges" then they switch.

Signal as far as I'm aware will be through the ptu but correct me if I'm wrong on these points.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dukey View Post
    You have 2 ptu's as each one will send power at correct voltage to only 2 cylinders while other "charges" then they switch.

Signal as far as I'm aware will be through the ptu but correct me if I'm wrong on these points.
    However there is only 1 ptu on the nearside suspension turret??

I have spoke with the guy that makes the loom and he seems reluctant to help for obvious reasons i guess!

Rides
    You do realise what a vag coil is don't you? If you think what vag is the abbreviation / slang for?

Rides
    Volkswagen Aktien Gesellschaft

Rough idea in English. VOLKSWAGEN inc.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    you do realise what a vag coil is don't you? If you think what vag is the abbreviation / slang for?
    i was gonna say something but i dont think its appropiate

Rides
    on a more serious note. A friend of mine had one and it seemed very simple and im sure it would have been quite easy to copy. I decided to buy one of his kits tho because he put a hell of alot of time and effort into researching and creating these so i didnt want to piss on his parade.

Having said that im sure my kit cost like £80 or £90. For the price he is now charging plus the price of the coilpacks, you would be in splitfire territory which i suppose would be equally as good and less fettling about.

Rides

Question

Quote Originally Posted by user23456 View Post
    on a more serious note. A friend of mine had one and it seemed very simple and im sure it would have been quite easy to copy. I decided to buy one of his kits tho because he put a hell of alot of time and effort into researching and creating these so i didnt want to piss on his parade.

Having said that im sure my kit cost like £80 or £90. For the price he is now charging plus the price of the coilpacks, you would be in splitfire territory which i suppose would be equally as good and less fettling about.

splitfire are just oem coils in different colour,very similar performance as new oem,what is about 320hp region if 1.1mm spark gap is used. I dont think that you can do more than 350hp at ca18det with splitfires and 1.1mm gap. However, vag coils are able of 200hp per cyl. easily...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by user23456 View Post

I appreciate the work he's done but over £150 shipped for whats in essence a coilpack loom when they eere advertised at £70 plus shipping why it has doubled in price.

I have everything to make it myself just need some info and to be brutally honest he's not a trader on here!

Rides
    i agree. it seems at first it was a 'lets help the community tyoe thing' but i didnt realise the proce would litereally double. ill pm you

Rides
    i think the looms were cheaper when he was living in the uk, I think he moved back to cyprus which has added some cost although I agree its not double. Either way I hope you manage to make your own
    Last edited by sxbaz; 31-12-2015 at 15:24.