Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: project ps13! here we go again...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    I tried this once and wouldn't recommend it
    For balance, I've had it do it on the first filter I've changed on almost every car I've owned and it's fine - provided you don't mind getting covered in oil. I've never gone through close to either end though to avoid shredding it to bits.

Rides
    Didn't mean for my comment to overtake the thread . Its about PS13s, folks...

Rides
    haha holy thread hijack batman lol

aaaanyways, small update. got 2 undamaged headlights and clear indicators for it.
    the back of my headlights were cracked and let in water so defo not happy with that.
    got a mint set for fair money and happy with the result. put in super bright blue/white bulbs to compliment them too.
    the clear indicators replaced my own damaged ones. again, delighted with them. they look super!

also tinted the grill. love that look! much much more classy

also FINALLY got the oil filter off. bought a filter removal cap, and with a few bashes with a hammer to make it more oval than round (the round shape just slipped on the filter) it finally gave it (with a long bar and 2 lads hanging off it...) glad to find that everything was ok and it wasnt cross threaded which i had first feared.... so she's all serviced now with just gearbox and diff oils to be done soon.
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    look what i found.... shit's going down now haha.
    sr20de is the worst engine ive ever driven in an sbody lol.
    so time for this, s14a sr20det vvt engine...

hunting down all the other parts i still need but hopefully have this delivered to the workshop tomorrow

Rides
    Cool

Get a list of parts up that you need, I might have some in the garage

Rides
    ^^ yes but postage to dublin is a killer haha.
    have most bits sorted now now i need to sell my old engine to get the funds lol
    Last edited by Neelie; 08-02-2016 at 11:12.

Rides
    got my loom and ecu sorted
    cant wait to start this now ha. but now i'll need to sell my old engine first ugh.

and got a stage 2 exeedy clutch for it
    Last edited by Neelie; 15-02-2016 at 11:04.

Rides
    did a load of small stuff today, seeing as there is no point starting bigger jobs or spending money before its going for engine swap... hopefully be starting the swap end of this week. so stay tuned for updates dunno how much bodywork ill be doing this year after the engine swap but i do wanna underseal it this year for sure.

so, for today;
    it got a new knob! thanks to my better half for getting me this xx

it got a girly drift charm

removed the exhaust bung, not something i want on a turbo car ha

then, it had this retarded arm thing for the seat belt, which constantly got tangled and prevented the belt from retracting. totaly headmelter that!!! so removed it, and replaced with the needed shorter bolts to refit the top holder thing. now all working and correct, without tangling and twisting lol.

last but not least, got rid of the ruined silvia badge on the boot, and re-painted the S in pink teehee.

before

after

Rides
    ok so stiv has started to pull the engine apart. sadly, it needs a little work, IE rebuild lol... it seems to have spun a bearing in the bottom end. was hoping that the bottom end was fine but alas.... so, gonna rebuilt it with new valve seals, valves re-seated, new headgasket, new bearings and oil pump and obviously a healthy crank. pistons are fine though which is great news lol. piston rings are expensive ha. although id love to do them too just to have them done too...

the rebuild means the swap will be delayed by a few weeks due to funds... so gonna rebuild it first, make it 110% and then be sorted again for the swap leaves me some time to collect more cheap parts anyways so not a bad thing i guess, as i was rushing into it!

Rides
    Shame about the crank but at least you'll end up with a nice fresh engine

Rides
    Cool build, glad you have gone SR20DET, very good engines when looked after/built properly!

I have a few bits kicking around, stainless manifold and elbow, braided turbo lines, cusco catch can etc let me know if you need anything

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Shame about the crank but at least you'll end up with a nice fresh engine
    yes im kinda happy about that too. it would have been epic if it was a healthy engine but i got it very cheaply (£500) so im not unhappy its being rebuilt and i know that it will be a totally sound good engine with receipts from a very respectable shop it did dent the budget though so swap will be delayed a few weeks i guess i can live with that though, as long is as its done before summer hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    Cool build, glad you have gone SR20DET, very good engines when looked after/built properly! I have a few bits kicking around, stainless manifold and elbow, braided turbo lines, cusco catch can etc let me know if you need anything
    thanks, ah im more a ca18/rb20 type of person, not a huge sr20 fan at all, but it was the best easiest choice for this car so said **** it ill go with that. and this engine came up then cheap so the decision was made. first i wanted to go ca18 as thats my fav engine but alas, there was none lol. and im notoriously impatient.... im gonna look for parts here as shipping and the pound exchange rate is a killer ha

Rides
    That con rod's been hot from the spun bearing.

Rides
    so rebuild in full swing. hopefully done soon and then we're all good to go i'm collecting bits here and there ha.
    got a turbo elbow and manual boost controller recently, and got all the parts for the engine build.

engine so far is getting:

new OEM oil pump
    new OEM bearings and thrust washers
    new OEM piston rings
    new OEM head gasket
    new OEM valve stem seals
    healthy con rods
    healthy crank shaft
    full clean and de-grease

BIG THANKS to the man, Stiv, who's putting in the hours and his knowledge to bring this engine back from the dead

Last edited by Neelie; 10-03-2016 at 15:35.

Rides
    broke my phone yesterday so no pics -_- will update when i have a new one ha.

painted my side mirrors black today, they were white, but like them more in black and would have needed
    paint anyways if i respray the car, so now at least i don't need to worry about them anymore ha.

and also removed my clocks to replace one of the broken bulbs in it. now replaced with white bulbs, polished the
    plastic, and also used nail deco stickers to make it super unique hehehe.

waiting on stiv to gimme the get-go for the conversion. cant wait

and gave the car a clay bar and wax/seal
    Last edited by Neelie; 20-03-2016 at 16:56.

Rides
    got her new wheels today took a chance on these, guy didnt know sizes or offsets, only fitment, and turned out the are a cool 8j at the back and 7j front. so was very happy with that for the money i got them for. a really cool color too! so now just need 25mm +/- spacers all round and more lows

still waiting on engine conversion. hopefully will get that done soon. i cant wait <3

and redid my gear gaiter (i hated that checker red pattern lol. pic soon)

Rides
    Oh my days! Your wheels are amazing and so is your car. I haven't ever seen those in purple and I don't know why because they are so nice.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Oh my days! Your wheels are amazing and so is your car. I haven't ever seen those in purple and I don't know why because they are so nice.
    thanks man that made my evening hehe.
    yeah the wheels are amazing in that color! i love them, and the fact that i got em for £130 is even better haha. i already had the tyres there so didnt need to get them either. the lad didnt know the sizes etc so said ok they are probably tiny and useless but i was so happy when i saw the backs were a decent width and general fit wasnt too bad at all given that they have zero spacers on them ha. lower and 25mm and it'll be SWEET.

i need to give it a quick clean again and take some proper pics. the interior is stunning now, and the car in general is slowly coming together. its hard with a tight budget to do cool stuff. waiting on the engine conversion, and to lower it it'll need other coilovers. then the bodywork that needs some attention too... but i wont think too far ahead, ill take it a bit slower with this one

Rides
    I might have to pinch your wheel idea in the future lol

Rides
    IT HAS BEGUN! Stiv has begun tearing out the old engine
    It was out within a jiffy and cannot wait for the new plant to go in!
    Shouldn't be too long! Fingers crossed everything else like turbo works and doesnt need replacing lol.
    Last edited by Neelie; 13-04-2016 at 18:18.