Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project white dolphin - Im back :-)

Rides

Project white dolphin - Im back :-)

Hi All,

This is a few months worth of work - i wish this could all be done in one day :-)
    Some changes made along the way to the project..
    Now a fully dedicated competitor car - just no full cage as i drive it on the streets and to mountain roads. - not legal to have full cage in road going car here. :-)

Well I am back in the s chassis after a couple of years with different chassis.
    I managed to get my hands on 1 of maybe 10 cars in my country (after being stupid and selling mine ).
    This was mine.

Lets say the new car is a very very rough state. I wont even show you the interior its so bad.

I started gathering parts a couple months ago, mostly from companies I distribute here (gets the costs down for the build for sure :naughty: )
    Cusco, Tomei, GReddy, Endless, Work Wheels, Enkei, Ikeya-F, WALD and more. I installed a lot of the suspension components already but will leave the bushings and other related parts for a bit later. Just need the car rolling for now.
    Some parts are still in a container on their way so no pics.
    Purpose of the build - Street, autox, mountain carver .
    HP goals - fast spooling 320-330 rwhp.
    Car has a 6spd in it already. I opted for that as it will be the basis for a built 6 speed. Sold the 5spd.

Suspension/Handling
    Cusco, more Cusco and some SPL and Ikeya-F stuff.
    Street Zero A Coilovers revalved to suit my needs.
    All the suspension arms,, sway bars, CF/TI Strut bars and chassis braces available from Cusco. Not legal here to ride around with a full cage in a street car so have to use what I can. Need to find a good fender brace which is lite and strong.
    Also have some S15 Spec R Factory bracing which will also be added.
    Obligatory diff and subframe bushings.
    Cusco RS LSD, probably at 80% 1.5way (with 2 way option). This part is a bit tricky as seems our cars over here came with a VLSD which is configured a bit different than what cusco has on file. Stub shafts are sized differently and other componets are a bit different in size.. went through this with a customers car and was able to build one working diff out of 2 we ordered so just need to get the info to cusco to build one from the factory according to what we need.

Engine
    Have a line for new engines from Nissan and just like in my previous car and thats whats going in a complete new long block from Nissan.
    Power
    Tomei ARMS 7960 , When new engine arrives will get the tomei manifold on there. Supported by Tomei injectors. Oh and Tomei poncams. Will also be getting the tomei expreme Titanium exhaust.
    Usual other stuff, Tomei FPR Earls an fitting and lines, Catch can fuel pup etc etc...

Cooling - Greddy S14 racing radiator, Greddy FMIC, Greddy oil pan (the one pictured is a knock off that was on the car), Greddy Oil Cooler kit for s14...
    Electronics - Apexi Power FC D-Jetro which I am just addicted to due to simplicity and it provides all I need from an EM pov. GReddy Multi DA gauges of all sorts. GReddy new Profec.
    Wheels - Work Emotion Kiwami (ultimate) - 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 (i think cant recall right now exactly. Work Meister S1 3p 19x10 and 19x11. yes will need body work but still haven't really decided on what I will go with.
    Brakes - . I still need to decide but one things for sure I will be using Endless MX72 for the street stuff.
    What else......... well JDM Kouki front end conversion for sure as well as rear Kouki JDM bumper and probably Zenki side skirts. I dont think I will be going down the body kit route but I may just change my mind.

Last edited by johnch; 23-11-2015 at 05:10.

Rides
    Got my gktech dual caliper brackets for my car and a customers car along with 2 sets rear calipers.

Will get the calipers serviced for good measure and got endless pads going in them.
    For the HB Caliper endless arr making me a set from their special compound for handbrakes.

Also got my Emotion CR Kiwami (ultimate) 18x9.5 and 18x10.5.

Rides
    Also got a new s15 motor in from JP - direct from Nissan.

Rides
    As its illegal to roll on the strets here with a full cage I installed my Cusco B pillar braces and yes they are worth installing.
    Also got my Cusco/Bride Staradia II Installed - 2 of them . Didnt get around to installing new Cusco FIA Harness but that will come.
    Removed OEM diff cooler setup

Rides
    Got some do luck floor support bars. Yes they do make a difference! Full roll cage on street cars is not allowed here so bracing the car is only option.
    Installed Nagisa fender braces.
    Redid some wiring but not finished as i am waiting for connectors to arrive.
    Installed 370z front calipers with 2 piece dba 5000 rotors.
    Installed rear 300zx calipers and dba rotors. Will get the dual caliper adaptor next week so i can install my hydro brake.
    Installed the 3 port 300zx BMC and deleted ABS.
    Endless MX72 pads all around.
    Removed some interior stuff to shed a bit more weight.
    Got familiar with adobe illustrator and designed my self a custom gauge cluster so i can put my stack race dash and wideband and boost gauge accompanied with warning leds for the most crucial stuff. Had the cluster plate laser cut to be extremely precise. Used black textured perspex for that. Very proud of my self for doing this alone except the actual laser cutting

Coming in the next couple of weeks...
    Pbm high mount intercooler and relevant pipes.
    Replacing my power fc d jetro mazda air temp sensor with a much faster reacting sensor.
    Finalize tuning.
    Wrap the car.
    Kouki conversion will wait for next month.

Last edited by johnch; 23-11-2015 at 05:04.

Rides
    Actual updates from present time

Tomei Expreme TI ehaust is on the way :-). more weight savings

Also came today - Origin GT wing .

Last edited by johnch; 23-11-2015 at 05:29.

Rides
    Wow this looks like it's going to be pretty serious! Loving all the cusco parts. How much out of interest was the new tall block from nissan?

Welcome back to will be following this build closely

Rides
    THanks pointz.
    Good to be back.
    Car already proving it self. Placed first in autox league in my class against a lot of mean evo/sti machines a couple of weeks ago and thats with a very rusty driver. Car is very forgiving so my mistakes didnt cost me too much.
    The long block I believe was somewhere around 3500 usd. Trying to source another but aparently even nissan are having issue with sourcing some parts so it takes them a while to get any ready and in stock.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Some serious parts being thrown at this car. Good work
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Loved a themed build - this looks great so far!

Rides
    Woah! Liking some of the those parts!

Rides
    Thanks guys.
    Doesnt hurt being a Cusco and tomei and greddy dealer.

Zeldoz, which parts dont you like? 😆.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by johnch View Post
    Thanks guys.

Zeldoz, which parts dont you like? ��.
    I like the under chassis sill support rail? Is that like another strut brace for support/chassis strengthening?

Rides
    You are right. Eliminates alot of slop. Even after the cusco b pillar braces i felt the difference.
    Even went down on suspension stifness as a result .

Rides
    You are right. Eliminates alot of slop. Even after the cusco b pillar braces i felt the difference.
    Even went down on suspension stifness as a result .
    I've not seen them before, usually our 200's over here dont have solid metal in those areas!!!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Look up ladder bars didn't realise they did electronically controlled coilovers.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yup they have been for about 8 years or so.

Rides
    very nice indeed,and a parts list to die for,looking forward to more pics of expensive stuff

Rides
    Thanks guys.

Zeldoz, which parts dont you like? 😆.
    Do you stock any tomei ca18det cams? or any ca parts for that matter.

Rides
    Pointz

Not even a single one of those engines here so sorry but nope.