Thread: Headlights 1 up 1 down issue

Rides

Headlights 1 up 1 down issue

Hi guys, I've checked some threads and can't really find the answers im looking for...

Long story short, was changing my headlight bulbs and all 4 bolts sheered on the drivers side. So got a new headlight and had a dodgy motor. So I put my original motor on the new light and now some reason when I press the headlight button they are in opposite positions (so one up and one down)

Same situation when I turn the headlight on.

Ive disconnected the battery and turned the headlight position manually on either side to try and fix it with no luck. I've adjusted the rod and no luck.

Ive not tried repeatedly button bashing the headlight switch (I saw in a thread this can confuse the timing sequence or something)?

Any advice please people?

Many thanks in advance
    Dave

Rides
    The repeated button mashing I found just makes your car wink basically, just quickly double tapping the switch does it... Not sure if it'd fix it but I guess its worth a shot.

Rides
    Could you not put them in the up position then pull the plug out of the motor on the one that is up hit the button again the other one should raise then put plug back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    You need to get them both parked in the same position. Not easy on the hand winder as you can get just before or just after switch park position as there is only a few mm gap in copper track of rotary switch for park.

With lights and retract switch off (the one you didn't mess with should be down), unplug the motor on one that is wrong (up). Switch the retract switch so the other one rises. Plug the motor back in. Retract them both (hopefully).

Rides
    Watson I'll give it a go, u never know I could get lucky.

Luke I did try that and no luck unfortunately.

So skyshack I get what your saying I think I get what you are saying. I will give it a go and fingers crossed!

Thank you very much people I appreciate the advice!

Rides
    Could it not be as simple as its plugged in backwards causing the motor to operate opposite to the other?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I thought that but because the plug shape it only plugs in round one way
    I thought maybe a couple of wires needed moving round or something. Hopefully get a chance to look at it Saturday or sunday

Rides
    Thats what i meant, we recently had a wagon at work who used the same plug but when upgrading the lights to LED, some worked and some didn't. Some plugs were wired +- and others -+, so it could just need a polarity switch..

Rides
    But the thing is when ths motor was fitted originally the lights were in sync. Its only since I took the motor off, put a faulty one on and then put my original one back on that they've suddenly become out of sync.

Rides
    Fair one. I highly doubt the wires were wired the wrong way on the unit. On the plug is a simple swap but heyho.. could be worth a try never the less

Rides
    could you not unplug the one that is staying up in its up position, turn the lights on so the good one comes up and then plug the bad one back in?
    just a thought

Rides
    Both motors are wired in parallel. Both get the UP and DOWN signal from the same wire.

Nissan didn't change the motor wiring for UK spec cars. If you have a JDM 180SX or USA 240SX lamp motor that may be different but only if Nissan were utter C**Ts.

Did you move the crank arm on the motor?