Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting the itch for a new car....

Rides
    Mazda 3 MPS, or Focus ST?

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    See I like Focus ST's but I'm just not 100% sold on them, I love the noise of the old one. Mazda MPS has never done it for me, never driven one but I never heard any buzz about them.

I think my list over time has always included the following:

E46 M3 (I know, not saloon but a decent size coupe. - A great all rounder but unsure I could live with the engine needing a good throttling. I think I'd miss the Turbo drama.
    E39 M5 - Old and could be pricey if the engine dies and/or it has a big issue.
    JZX100 Chaser - Old and expensive for what is yet cheap for what it can do.
    Focus ST (eye watering tax mind you!) - Sweet noise, reasonable to tune but tax is a killer
    Impreza STi Hatch or Hawkeye (same eye watering Tax) - always loved the look but tax is a killer and Jenny hates them :lol:
    Evo 6 or 8. - 6 is old but decent value. 8's are expensive to fix so I've been told.

All can be had under 10k.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Thanks for all the responses ..

Vxr8 = I don't fancy a Vauxhall. They all are built like shit.

M5 is tempting but old and expensive if/when it breaks.

Dlowe, I've to put a child in it. Just no on modding shit to death, I can't be arsed.

Evo 9 would be nice, pretty steep and a VI would do just as much for less cash tbh.

Quail, again I've to put a kid in it. I don't want something that's a pain in the ass to do that with. A reasonable modern hothatcg would be doable, but a little (pretty much) 2 seated is useless to me.

Dc5 is not bad, but I've done Honda before and got board in 2months. The Mazda can be remapped to have the same power and twice the torque lol.

Any r32 gtr under 10k is a rotten shed. There is a reason that clean GTRs are 10k plus in Japan!

Chris I did consider chaser and had settled on one, but they are pretty old and wasn't sure I could spend that cash on a 15 toyota!
    it's not built by vauxhall numbnuts, it's built by holden and has a vauxhall badge thrown on

Rides
    Yeah and I've drove one in Auz. It was shite too. Makes the mazda look like a RR. :lol:

Rides
    The Astra J VXR I know you said no Vauxhall... And I as a rule dont like them - but it is a nice looking car with some nice spec!

Rides
    Just a suggestion man jeez.

M3's and M5's are cheap to buy and expensive to run. You're buying the running costs of a 50k car when you commit to one of them.

Rides
    Sorry if I came across like a dick Ross. I've just done daft loans in my past and it ****ed my life up, never again. Expensive to run isn't the be all an end all, if 95% of the time they are reliable.

Rides
    Slightly over budget, but 335i? Can get them in coupe or saloon.

Rides
    Are 335i's really all that? I've never heard much about them.

Rides
    You want the Legacy that Neelie is selling surely.

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...bo-RARE-COLOUR!!

Mainly so that I don't have to try and convince myself to find the money for it

335i's are ok and tune up nicely (see Doc's 135i...) but not much to get excited about there tbh. The chassis is no different to any of the others and the engine isn't especially characterful in the same way as the NA 6s.

On the M3 front, they are good cars but hamstrung by shite brakes. The engine is a masterpiece, while it isn't going to give you the surge you get from a turbo motor is has plenty of torque for driving around normally (it's still 3.2l regardless of what RPM it makes peak power) and then when you want it to be a bit feral it can be. From my experience though, unless you're buying one which has had the brakes done already and maybe some alternative suspension (stock is way too tightly damped imo) then there may be money to spend.

If you get a nice Evo 6 and look after it you can't lose any money on it in the long term surely.
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 02-11-2015 at 08:06.

Rides
    Another vote for an Evo 6..... if you can find a clean unmodified one.

It wouldn't depreciate unless you bought a minger or couldn't resist modifying it.

Other slightly left-field suggestions.... Alfa Brera 3.2 V6 SV Q4 ? Maybe a 350GT if its not too much of a 2+2 ?

Rides
    Another left-field suggestion...

Saab 9-3 2.8 V6 Aero XWD. That's a hell of a lot of car for the money.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01509187042034

Rides
    Mazda MPS has never done it for me, never driven one but I never heard any buzz about them.
    Remember in 2002 when no one really spoke about 200sxs

Driven a MPS and 2.5 ST back to back, I would say the Mazda was more fun and a bit bonkers but the interior is still a bit 90s, the ST was the better place to sit and a nicer car day to day. If you want an ST but not the badge how about a C30?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Are 335i's really all that? I've never heard much about them.
    Try one.

Rides
    Thanks Mark.

Arry, I'll try but getting time to do anything right now is a struggle

Rides
    E39 M5. Had mine well over a year now, use it 7 days a week and I still can't think of another car I'd rather have. Apart from a fuel pump (cheap) and a vanos issue (sub £1000), its been very reliable also.

Rides
    Not sure I'd recommend it but I drove a Mazda MPS a few months ago and my word they are fast, plenty of the drama you would want. It might be worth test driving one before discounting it.

Rides
    barter down a few quid. Win?

Quote Originally Posted by Bally_Ep3
    For Sale; JRSC CW DC5

Intro;

My Honda Integra DC5 with a Jackson Racing Supercharger, I've owned this for over 2years and this being my second Integra thoroughly believe they should of all came with a Supercharger as standard. Amazing power delivery and an addictive whine coming from the front makes you want to drive this more and more. The car has been looked after by Paul and Harry which have both been on this owners club so there's plenty of information/history just on here. The car gets loads of attention everywhere it goes, because of the cage, the loud whine which you can hear outside the car, the carbon bonnet and wide wheels! I've got stacks of receipts and records including a DC5 owners manual ( if you can read Japanese ).This also became fully undercoated by 200Bhp on arrival to the UK, still looks excellent to date.

Recent Work;

TGM FRSU ( September 2015 )
    Remap 300Bhp+ (FLP April 2015)
    Valve Clearances + Service (FLP April 2015)
    New JRSC Belt,Pulley and Autotensioner (FLP 2015)
    Fully Detailed with Paint Sealant by LoveYourCar Detailing company.
    New HID Bulbs (2015)
    (Im sure both Pedro at FLPerformance and Joe at LYC will both tell you about the car if you choose to contact them)

Modifications;

Jackson Racing Supercharger at 10 psi
    3''JRSC Pulley
    Honda Civic (EP3) Crank Pulley
    Merc Racing Auto Tensioner ( an absolute must with the JRSC )
    650cc Injectors
    KPRO Ecu
    Spoon Rocker Cover
    Uprated Drive Shafts
    HKS Induction Kit
    Spoon 4-2-1 Manifold
    Spoon N1 Cat Back Exhaust
    Unsilenced 2.5'' Centre Pipe
    J's racing Strut Brace
    Eibach Coilovers
    Eibach Anti Roll Bar
    Skunk2 LCA
    Beaks bar (Resprayed to the same colour as the Enkei's)
    Fast Road Setup (Done September 2015 @ TGM
    Seibon Oem Carbon Bonnet,
    Custom Cages Roll Cage (rear section),
    2xRecaro Pole Positions
    Buddy Club Lower Seat Rails
    Takata Harness
    Enkei RPF1's 8 & 8.5J
    Project Mu Nuts
    Fully Flocked Dashboard
    Fully Flocked Centre Console , Head Lining and B-Pillars
    OMP Steering Wheel
    Snap Off Boss
    JVC Double Din HeadUnit
    Red Integra Carpet and Mats
    JDM OEM Wind Deflectors
    Sparewheel + Jack Included ( Although not pictured )
    Championship White Painted Spoon Replica Carbon Mirrors ( Look amazing )

Location;
    Bournemouth (DORSET)

Price;
    £12,000 .ono

MOT;
    JULY 2016

Tax;
    N/A

Part Exchange;
    No

Condition;
    Paintwork / Bodywork 9/10
    Interior 9/10 (Flocked dash looks amazing)
    95,000 Miles
    4UK Owners

Pictures;

Just a few questions which I've been asked, unsure if i made it clear in my original post! But I've had a few which i think could benefit potential buyers;

Fuel Economy ;
    This being my second DC5 and third K20 engine (previously owned an EP3), i feel that MPG haven't been sacrificed too much. In saying this, its obvious that under serious load / boost than the efficiency but with town driving or long motorway sessions its great. I haven't ever felt that this particular set up is flawed by the amount of fuel I'm putting in.

Fuel Type;
    Always ran on the premium Unleaded, depending on what fuel stations are around! My local is Shell and was mapped on this ( if that makes any difference? )

Servicing;
    Servicing DC5's isn't a big task and with this having the JRSC , doesn't add too much stress onto the servicing rota. Oil is changed regularly but most of our community change this frequently anyways. With the 'Merc Racing Auto Tensioner', the belt keeps a good life but when it does need replacing this can be bought for around £30-35 via CPLRacing or another tuner. It's bad tension which kills the belts on these kits which is why the auto tensioner is a great investment.

Power;
    The power with the JRSC is near instant and can be felt right through to 8500rpm+ and makes a great noise. The 300bhp makes light work of a lot of cars and always manages to put a smile on your face. The grip is truly amazing through the corners making you push harder.

Part Exchanges;
    I'm not after any part exchanges, but would be happy receiving a deposit whilst you get the remaining amount.

Wheels;
    I'd be happy to remove the Enkei's and alter the price of the car , if you provided your own wheels!

J's Wings/Recaros;
    The wings have had lots of interest and I've noted the order of interest and if the car isn't sold with these , then the interested parties will be messaged. The Recaro Pole Positions will remain with the car regardless though, i believe this adds great uniqueness to the sell and hopefully interests a potential buyer.

Cheers

Sam

(Hopefully I haven't missed too much)

Rides
    Bright yellow R34 GT with Forged RB25DET going up on eBay soon for less than 7k. I want it, but it needs a bit of wiring to finish the interior components.

Rides
    I couldn't drive a GTS-T Skyline... I'm too much of a Spec snob.... GTR or Bust!

That DC5 is nice.