Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CrazySx s14a project.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    I put my cat back on every year for the MOT then put the decat back on straight afterwards and always passes that way.

In the standard 14a downpipe there is a second cat but as long as you have one on the system it will be fine and pass
    Aha! Yes i am aware of that. The standard cat hasnt seen the car since it came off. Just had a more friendly tester before now so never even had to bother lol!

Quick question, how do u get the car high enough to get it on and off?

I drove the car onto ramps and then couldnt jack up the back lol!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I'm sure ive taken my downpipe off before just on axle stands but just had to fight it a bit and twist until it came out

Last few times I've taken it off though i've been taking the turbo off so ended up taking it up and through the engine bay just disconnected it from the cat

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    I'm sure ive taken my downpipe off before just on axle stands but just had to fight it a bit and twist until it came out

Last few times I've taken it off though i've been taking the turbo off so ended up taking it up and through the engine bay just disconnected it from the cat
    Where do u jack it to get it on jack stands and where do you place the jack stands?

sorry if its a thick question, but i can't get my jack under the front of my car.

Last edited by CrazySx; 14-11-2016 at 16:08.

Rides
    I Drive onto a block or few planks of wood and jack the whole side up from the front jacking point on the sill with a block of wood as high as the jack will go and stick an axle stand on the arb brackets front and rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I drive onto some wood as well then jack it from the front crossmember (it's just behind the oil pan) then stick stands on the 2 front tow eyes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleansc View Post
    I drive onto some wood as well then jack it from the front crossmember (it's just behind the oil pan) then stick stands on the 2 front tow eyes
    This is what i attempted to do but the jack handle was on the floor already so couldnt pump it lol!

Tow eyes? Interesting.. must check for them. Dont really like to rest the car on the sills anymore.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jon200 View Post
    I Drive onto a block or few planks of wood and jack the whole side up from the front jacking point on the sill with a block of wood as high as the jack will go and stick an axle stand on the arb brackets front and rear

Ah! So one side up in the air. I am trying to avoid jacking the sills. Plus i don't have a lot of space on the sides of the car so jack has to go in at an angle from the front or the rear.

Rides
    Try on the front support by the radiator. Thats what i do if jacking the front up. Have done it on all three of my sx's no problem.

Rides
    Try on the front support by the radiator. Thats what i do if jacking the front up. Have done it on all three of my sx's no problem.

Awesome! This is what i wanted to hear. I did jack it there once but was worried that it may not be man enough for the job and i might smash all my radiators and ruin silvia's beautiful face

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    This is what i attempted to do but the jack handle was on the floor already so couldnt pump it lol!

Tow eyes? Interesting.. must check for them. Dont really like to rest the car on the sills anymore.

Yeah I was a bit iffy about the front tow eyes but had the car resting on them for 6 months while working on it and they were completely fine. I have no front bumper and it's not running (couldn't drive onto wood) so jacked it from the 2 front tow eyes the other day with 2 jacks pumping simultaneously and again it was fine.

I've also had it resting on 2 stands on the front crossmember and it was fine. I just wanted a wider footprint as my area isn't the best and I wouldn't put it past the youths to try and push it off the stands so opted for the tow eyes.

Try pumping it with a large spanner until you get more room to get the handle in if you've no space to get the handle in initially

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleansc View Post
    Yeah I was a bit iffy about the front tow eyes but had the car resting on them for 6 months while working on it and they were completely fine. I have no front bumper and it's not running (couldn't drive onto wood) so jacked it from the 2 front tow eyes the other day with 2 jacks pumping simultaneously and again it was fine.

I've also had it resting on 2 stands on the front crossmember and it was fine. I just wanted a wider footprint as my area isn't the best and I wouldn't put it past the youths to try and push it off the stands so opted for the tow eyes.

Try pumping it with a large spanner until you get more room to get the handle in if you've no space to get the handle in initially
    Good idea with a smaller pump handle! Will try this and check location of toe eyes

Rides
    best thing is to jack it up on one of the front 'tie-down' eyes either side of the front crosmember. then put your stands under the front lower arms.
    I would nt jack on the crosmember as they are not very strong and prone to rust.plus you could damage your radiator/intercooler.

jacking/putting your stands on the subframe is ok but watch out for the pas lines and your sump.

Rides
    I've always jacked mine up on the jacking point on the sill and then put the stands under the lower arms

my jacking points are getting weak now so I need to repair them and start jacking it up from somewhere else... tow eyes seems a good place to go from now though!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    I would nt jack on the crosmember as they are not very strong and prone to rust.plus you could damage your radiator
    14s seem to fair better than the 13 cross members. My old 14a was well rotten but the cross member was fine.

Rides
    Ok little update. I went for MOT today and it passed!!! Yay! Soon as I got home the decat went back on. Shame really as the downpipe and sports cat were a quality bit of kit

Also fitted these:

And one of these either side..

Tomorrow I shall be taking it to work and give it a good blast. Shake the cob webs off and get the rust of my discs

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Notice much of a difference with the decat over the sports cat?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Notice much of a difference with the decat over the sports cat?
    Well not that I noticed. Shame I had to take it off. It's a good quality bit of kit. Gonna have to sell the whole lot at a loss and buy s14a ones

Rides
    How much? Tempted by the sports cat.

Rides
    How much? Tempted by the sports cat.

Not sure yet. Need to check how much I paid and work out a discount and postage costs.

Is yours a s14?

Rides
    I just re-read your thread. S14 sports cat would fit nicely