Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Keep Kermit (S13) Alive Thread

Rides
    You got that engine out yet mate?

Rides
    Nope, still have the prop, air-con and starter motor to disconnect. But my back is giving me jip. So it won't be this weekend taking much longer than I'd like but I wanted to label & record as much as possible.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    Thanks CMR, I love it too, with luck it will be rust free(?!) and running by Spring.
    I'm just outside of town in Bracebridge. If you're bored and looking for something to do I could always use a hand! what sort of site have you got in Skelly?
    Excellent, make sure you get yourself to the weekender next year so I can have a nosey if I don't see it before.

Ah bracebridge, just down the road from Skell. We have a err... meat processing plant there to put it as nicely as possible

Rides
    Good to see you're cracking on with it Tanuki, if you do have any problems getting bits out or getting it back together if any labels fall off give me a shout and I'll pop round. Could probably do it with my eyes closed even now!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by steve109 View Post
    Good to see you're cracking on with it Tanuki, if you do have any problems getting bits out or getting it back together if any labels fall off give me a shout and I'll pop round. Could probably do it with my eyes closed even now!
    Hey Steve, slow and steady but with luck it will be running in a few months!! I just hate working on it outside this time of year. Tbh, I'm a little worried that I'll screw up something on the install and I won't be able to see what I've forgotten to connect so I really appreciate the offer of help!

Rides
    Long overdue update If you remeber, it was an incredibly balmy day on new years eve so I took the opportunity to finally haul the engine out. It went quite smoothly to be honest, the only mistake was busting one of the cluch lines (pictured). No biggie.

Rides

Rides

Rides
    The next step was to sort some of the rust in the engine bay. I spent this weekend past grinding away the surface rust and preping it with rust converter (Deox C) which to be honest I wasn't that impresed with as it didn't seem to dissolve very well in the warm water solution.

The baterry tray was a sorry mess and I was tempted to cut the damn thing out. But We'll see how it goes.

Zinc undeercoat and some kind of epoxy resin painted over it. Doesn't look awesome but hopefully keep the rust away!
    Last edited by Tanuki; 16-03-2016 at 10:28.

Rides
    Now, I am begining to think about installing the replacement engine and I need to find the little metal retainer clips the surround the various plugs on the engine (I have no idea what they are called). Are there replacements available or alternatives, as I've lost most of them?

Rides
    It might be worth trying to get those clips off an S13 that someone is breaking.

Rides
    I've got a spare knackered CA loom I might be able to pull a fair few of those off, drop me a PM to remind me
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Thanks Alan, will do.

Rides
    Nice work, my favourite colour s13.

Rides
    This was the colour of my first s13 when i was 18 and have to say my best one to

Rides
    Yea, I wasn't sure of the colour at first but now I really like it. If I could afford a respray, I'd have it resprayed exactly the same.

Rides
    Looking to do some work on the replacement ca18 engine, most importantly fitting a t28! Need to put it on the engine stand but not sure about the bolts size? 12 dia 1.75 pitch 80 length?

Rides
    Can you not use the gearbox bolts for the top 2 bolts or are they not long enough?

Rides
    I don't think they're long enough but can't confirm.

Rides
    Updates from this week past, starting to get somewhere with the rust fighting.
    Difficult getting in the nooks and crannies.
    DeoxC + cellophane = sxoc's best friend.  photo DSC_0124_zps6tzpzy7b.jpg
    If that fails then its grinder time.
     photo DSC_0133_zps7gg00bmm.jpg
    Plated up.
     photo DSC_0144_zps4tthsnmu.jpg
    This little bit was an easy win
     photo DSC_0126_zpsvoq33p8h.jpg
    Done.

Still more to do where the wiper mounts (this will be more difficult to fab)