Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy a fmic

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Best place to buy a fmic

I'm looking at renewing my fmic as I'm currently running an old apex type2 (long pipework version) fmic.

Ideally I'd like to get a branded item such as greddy or hks but don't fancy paying crazy money for one. So far rhd Japan works out the cheapest but postage and taxes are still a killer

Can anyone recommend another distributor or know of any second hand items going at a reasonable price?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    What intercooler is piman running as hes breaking his dude. Look on his breaking thread

Rides
    I just read through pimans breaking thread and he's got an apex type 1 if you're looking to go through your battery tray

Rides
    Is the front high mount jap speed one any good or you really being a brand whore? Lol.

Could get a corner and take it to get custom fabled with integrated recirc mounting and all.

How about a mishimoto core? http://m.mishimoto.co.uk/mishimoto-m...-all-gold.html
    Last edited by dukey; 28-10-2015 at 19:23.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers guys, noted about pimans thread

Not really being a brand whore as such but I don't want to run a japspeed item, plus I believe it doesn't work with aircon still installed.

Looking at the prices from apex (if they still sell them) and the drift works item, I could import the Greddy for abut £20 more.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That's not a bad amount extra for the name and quality.
    Glad I don't have any turbo anymore.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Tbh I'd happily swap engines with you. Fancy a straight swap

Rides
    Hmm no as one day I may think about a twin turbo setup or maybe itb the thing. Lol. Kinda wish I kept the ca as I would still be driving it now.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Worth a shot

Rides
    I suppose it is. The car is so far off standard now it's Rediculous.

So u not fancy the custom cooler idea?

Rides
    Buy a nice core from Mishimoto or Greddy or HKS etc and get custom pipework made up, that way you can position the cooler how you like and have the pipework routed how you like too.

Rides
    The Parts Shop Max HMIC has the shortest pipe run of any off-the-shelf kits I'm aware of.

http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?41

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    The Parts Shop Max HMIC has the shortest pipe run of any off-the-shelf kits I'm aware of.

http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?41
    Need to loose the AC rad though.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yep. That's the problem

Rides
    Thanks for the note chaps.

Chris, I have an Apex Type 1 but I have had custom thick Aluminum mounts with anti vibration bushes welded onto it to keep it secure and not crack off. I also noticed that I have completely left any photos of this out of my blog

Rides
    I've got an Apexi core for an RX7 with no pipework that I keep meaning to sell. Any good?

Rides
    Japspeed ICs are pish. A poor fit and look like they've been welded by someone who didn't give a sh!t.

At the cheap end of the spectrum, Toyosport ICs look much better quality and the fitting kits are pretty decent if you can work out how to put it together.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    At the cheap end of the spectrum, Toyosport ICs look much better quality and the fitting kits are pretty decent if you can work out how to put it together.
    The radiator I had off them was abysmal but then like all the cheap stuff it's hit or miss whether you get anything that works or doesn't.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    The radiator I had off them was abysmal but then like all the cheap stuff it's hit or miss whether you get anything that works or doesn't.
    Maybe Toyosport switched to the same shit supplier as Japspeed use then.

My experience with the Toyosport was just from inheriting a brand new in the box one with pipework and silicone as part of a job lot of stuff I bought.

I took it out of the box and it looked well made and the pipe and clips looked good quality. I sold it on to someone at 50% of the price I could find it for on the internet. The guy who bought it didn't complain.

Maybe it was a very early kit ? Who knows.

Rides
    Toyo Sport is pretty much the same old Chinese made bits churned out by most eBay sellers, some stuff is alrite and some stuff isn't.

IMO if you're after a premium product then go and talk to Pace, if they don't have something off the shelf for you then they can make it up to your specifications.