Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all gym/diet nuts

Flamethrower
    Rides
    I got myself a george forman cooker thing, so i can cook meats with out using oil and the fat and shizzle can drip out.

If i was to eat rice, whats better? white or brown?

Rides
    I went from this -

To this -

In a month. Forget the Saturday tag in the last picture, it's a screenshot from a while back. But yeah that was a months worth, now I'm sitting at 78kg

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosky View Post
    I got myself a george forman cooker thing, so i can cook meats with out using oil and the fat and shizzle can drip out.

If i was to eat rice, whats better? white or brown?
    George Foremans are good, but don't be scared of fat. Natural fats aren't bad for you, despite what various marketing departments want you to believe. The lightest I've ever been - http://bit.ly/1MeMkKH - (in hindsight, way too skinny), was eating bacon, eggs, and tonnes of butter every day. The fat you eat isn't the same as the fat you gain/lose, but unfortunately they share a name.

With rice, brown is better, but it's negligible.

Ross, crazy progress for a month!
    Last edited by Quail; 03-11-2015 at 14:37.

Rides
    IF you are going to do the Atkins diet, just get your self checked out by a quack first. If you have High Blood Pressure or Diabetes, it could be a bad idea to do Atkins

Rides
    I know Alex, it's been hardcore. A lot of it is probably water retention but I am feeling better and my body has changed totally. I'm not gonna lie there's been days where I've only ate a banana and some chicken breasts but my diet is pretty good now I've had some time to work on it. I'm exercising 4 main muscle groups at the gym too using weights and cardio in between sets, it's all good! Now to get toned!

Rides
    Yea some of it will be water, but if you've stabilised at 78kg and are weight training, you're golden.

Don't be put off when you start gaining weight due to the training (and water-retention from recovery). I find it better using photos and measurements, as I can fluctuate 6lbs in a day!!

Rides
    Personally I don't look at Atkins as a diet, it's more of a lifestyle choice, I found it hard at first, in fact for the first week you get headaches and feel odd purely because of sugar come downs etc.

But after a few weeks you feel better than ever, I had more energy, felt healthier, and just in general good, maybe it's not for everyone, but a couple of my friends have been doing it for quite a number of years, and I highly recommend it.

Basically you stop putting artifical crap in your body and just eat natural wholesome foods. Fresh meat/fish cheeses lots of good vegetables.

I found ways round going out, and still took the missus out for meals, I'd stop by maccy d's and just get 3 cheese burgers and throw the buns away for a quick snack, I'd pre cook meats the night before a day out to snack on, loads of ways to get around what originally seems like tricky situations.

Go to a nice restaurant? Mixed grill please without the chips. Fancy a late night snack? Donor kebab just avoid the pita etc etc

Rides
    Yea, it does work very well, and there is something gratifying and weirdly enjoyable about being in ketosis (perhaps my body telling me, this how I'm meant to operate). However, I can't do it long term; I simply love bread, rice and chips too much! A burger isn't a burger without the bun

In short, I'd rather double my exercise than forego the foods I love (which is basically what I'm doing now).