Thread: Reliable tuners/mappers in the north east and do you recognise my running issue?

Rides

Reliable tuners/mappers in the north east and do you recognise my running issue?

Help me if you can please.

I was ready to make a decision on who should work on my car until I luckily researched the tuner on here tonight. After reading many threads I've decided not to take my car to them now.

To start with, I have some running issues. The car doesn't drive nicely. It stutters until you've nailed it to 6k once and then is fine until it's turned off (I.e. Petrol station etc) also really hesitant when coming n boost which is more pronounced when the boost is higher.

I do want some 550 injectors, z32 and a nistune or similar but want to get the issues ironed out first.

Who can I use in the north east that won't fleece me or kill my car?

Secondly, does anyone have any ideas why my car drives so poorly? It never used to until I took it to a 'known' garage on here who fitted some parts for me:
    Apexi turbo
    Hks front mount
    3" decat downpipe and elbow
    4 branch manifold

I won't name the garage but I was disappointed with the quality of work so won't be returning there even to complain.

Thanks in advance sxoc

Ross

Rides
    I should add that it's a 97 type x with an internally standard sr20

Rides
    have you checked for air leaks on the intake system after the front mount install? (know you shouldnt have to !) also assume no significant leaks etc on the exhaust and all sensor still pluged in?

Rides
    I've not found any air leaks though that is originally what I thought the issue might be. The garage had plumbed my hks evc6 in wrong and my exhaust manifold started blowing but after sorting both of these it made no difference. I've not been under the car and it's currently 20 mikes away in storage now but I do wonder what happened to the lambda sensor when the decat was fitted. Maybe the sensor is toast or maybe it's no longer there?

Rides
    Bit of a trek but the man to see is greg gush at protuner in redditch.

Rides
    Any tuners in the north at all?

Rides
    It's worth travelling to a good tuner....it's your engine that will need replacing if the map kills it.

Rides
    Totally agree with you but before it goes anywhere for mapping I want I trustworthy outfit to take it and find the cause of my running issue. I want to be able to hand over a healthy good running car to whoever does the map work

Rides
    Hence why I said greg gush he is maybe the best sr mapper going. He spends 2 hours or more just checking over the car before getting it on the dyno.