Thread: Toyota Aristo 2JZGTE JZS161

Rides

Toyota Aristo 2JZGTE JZS161

New car time!

So sold my MK6 Golf GTI as I had got to the end of the road with that one.
    Ive always wanted an Aristo and now i have this on its way soon from Japan:

Only pictures i have so far and i will update with some more when they come.
    Mainly though it has a lovely 2JZ-GTE with the brilliant 4 speed auto.
    Plan is to daily it and keep the 200 as the weekend car which it has been for the last few years. This is probably the last chance for a car with non eco fuel consumption as a daily for a while due to house etc so i thought screw it!
    Good spec so has heated leather, dual climate, cruise, electric memory seats and steering wheel, sunroof etc
    Has a few aftermarket bits like the Projector lights with HID's, Coilovers, aftermarket exhaust, gauges, AFC, aftermarket headunit (no good for UK),

Got a few bits to sort out like removing the gauges and AFC. Maybe changing the wheels depending on how they look. Exhuast has been fitted to it and im not sure how loud it is so may need silencing.
    I have a nice new Alpine INE-W990BT which has DAB, GPS, DVD, bluetooth etc and i have the camera option on it as well.

Cant wait to get the car now and will be updating when i can.
    Last edited by jackm; 11-10-2015 at 22:34.

Rides
    Looks good, I've always wanted to try one out but never managed to justify it. Will be interesting to see how you get on with it compared to the 200.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s200rat View Post
    Looks good, I've always wanted to try one out but never managed to justify it. Will be interesting to see how you get on with it compared to the 200.
    Il let you know! Im interested as well tbh.

Anyway, more pics!!

After looking at a few dodgy smokers cars this one came up and is now mine!!
    I will be removing the gauges (defi ) and the AFC as i dont need them/like them in this car.

My Fav pic of it so far:

What do people think?

Rides
    Ballin' so hard. I'd be driving down the road leaning so far back with an arm leaning out the back windows lol.

Joking aside, looks lovely, this is what I was considering as a daily after I sell my daily corsa. But if I do that I'll have two money pit jap cars on the drive ha.

Looks really good mate hope you have fun with it.

Rides
    Haha! I'm getting all sorts from work already and I don't have the car yet.

Cheers, well it will be landing in mid December so probably Jan by the time I get the car. Can't wait!!

I need to get some work done on the 200 whilst I'm waiting for this.

I'm sure I will have some good fun in it, good bit of ice and subtle mods are the idea for this one

Rides
    Yeah man she good. I don't know how long I'd last trying not to modify it if I had one.

Just out of interest what's the insurance like on it? That's if you've got a quote already yet or whatever?

Rides
    Nice, shame it's auto

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_je94 View Post
    Yeah man she good. I don't know how long I'd last trying not to modify it if I had one.

Just out of interest what's the insurance like on it? That's if you've got a quote already yet or whatever?
    Well il see how long it will be for me, il prob go down the rebuild route on the turbos, have a ceramic turbine and like to melt/shatter above 1.2 bar.

I had a mm6 golf gti, it's for me about the same give or take £20.

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Nice, shame it's auto
    They only did them in auto unfortunately and I'm sure you are aware the cost of the v160 boxes are. Always something to think about in the future though.

Rides
    Small update!

Car arrived in the UK back in december before christmas.
    Been down at Torque GT in the que with the other cars they are going through at the moment.

Car has had the LS400 brakes and lower arm spacers fitted and i think rad. Car had a new HKS timing belt fitted in Japan and so far is looking good!
    Exhaust is just back box delete by the looks of it so not too loud to wake the neighbours.
    The wheels we found out are Rays Black Fleet v120's. They seem to be going for £300 a wheel in the weakest size. Got some new 275/30/19 bridgestone potenza tyres going on all 4 corners.

Cant wait to get the car now and im booked in for the 5th of March to go down to collect it.

Rides
    That looks nice, I always wanted one as a daily years ago.

Rides
    Had the car for a month now,

All i can say is god damn it drinks more than me!
    I worked out my MPG the other day. Wont be doing that again haha.

Had a few nightmares, brakes squealed really bad and ended up using the old shims which got rid of the noise.
    Got a bush on the coilover lower mount thats spilt and squeaks.

On to the good bits!

2JZ-GTE with a HKS hard pipe and mushroom sounds
    Exhaust sounds good to.

Defi gauges are for sale, check the ebay forum along with the SAFC is on my ebay account.
    Wheels will be up for sale too soon. Want to go lower and the size of these 19's wont let me.
    Want to go for some SSR professor sp3 or weds kraze bazreia's.

Will update with some pics and videos soon.

Rides
    Small update,

Been enjoying the car alot. Makes a damn good noise!

Purchsed a pair of Work T7r's for the rear and will be doing the same for the front soon.
    In the middle of changing job atm so money is a tad tight due to pay dates being at opposite ends of the month!

When i went to pick it up, it was like my dream garage, R34 and a hakosuka

Few pics of whate ive done so far:

New rocker cover cross breather pipes

New pollen filter

Split bush on the coilover. They are JZX90/100 coilovers and noticed all 4 corners need attention as the bushes have gone all round practically. Also they didnt want to put any preload on the coilovers it seems so done that correctly today. Needs New wishbones/bushes up front as i have a squak atm which is annoying.

Also just because

Contemplating a Bride seat atm. Not 100% but wheels and coilovers are priority atm for sure!!!