Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Induction Hobs

Rides
    We use Tefal stuff, pretty rugged I think the big frying pan has been around for ten years or more

Rides
    I had a lot of tefal in the last house and they were great, but the ones I had didn't work with induction and we're very light weight,

The pro cook could be used for home protection if not cooking! I think the big frying pan is about 2.5kg+

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    I had a lot of tefal in the last house and they were great, but the ones I had didn't work with induction and we're very light weight,

The pro cook could be used for home protection if not cooking! I think the big frying pan is about 2.5kg+

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I'd prefer stainless steel as they seem easier to keep looking like new

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    All our Tefal stuff is fine

The pans we did have to chuck out were Morissons/Ikea/poundland stuff.

Rides
    So ended up going fully Pro Cook and wow they are good Pans - they seem to make cooking easier.

So now I need a new oven. Needs to be a double to fit the hole. Looking at a 65l main with 37l top Oven. To match I'm looking at Neff. Anyone got any experience with Neff ovens?

Rides
    we just got a NEFF double electric oven/grill combo thing it seems to be good quality stuff. the only down side is it takes bloody ages to get hot.
    the grill takes ages to get hot too but when I use it for toast the toast comes out hotter than my last combi oven.
    guess it depends on the type of cooking you do. if you just want to cook 15 minute pizza's it will drive you to the wall.

Rides
    I rate neff quite highly, out of all the kitchen equipment I've fitted it's always good quality and always lasts, I know people that have had neff ovens and had no issues from them over 10-15 year periods and when I've removed them there's still nothing wrong with them, just dated. Also as they're one of the top brands to justify their price tags they seem to put effort in to advancing their products, they now do an oven where the door folds down but also slides in to the oven, which makes access a lot easier as you don't need to lean over the open door etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I did my kitchen a month or so ago and have installed a Neff double under counter jobbie. Really please with it, nice feeling controls and easy to clean. Seems pretty accurate on temp too (used a separate temp gauge in oven to check)

If it bothers you, it was stupidly energy efficient. Less than my kettle iirc

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysfun View Post
    I did my kitchen a month or so ago and have installed a Neff double under counter jobbie. Really please with it, nice feeling controls and easy to clean. Seems pretty accurate on temp too (used a separate temp gauge in oven to check)

If it bothers you, it was stupidly energy efficient. Less than my kettle iirc

whats happened to the sxoc......

from 600bhp monsters and threads showing off ass and titties....

to discussion induction hobs.......and energy efficiency....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    we just got a NEFF double electric oven/grill combo thing it seems to be good quality stuff. the only down side is it takes bloody ages to get hot.
    the grill takes ages to get hot too but when I use it for toast the toast comes out hotter than my last combi oven.
    guess it depends on the type of cooking you do. if you just want to cook 15 minute pizza's it will drive you to the wall.
    Have you checked if your wire for the oven, or the socket supply is big enough? Could it be the wire is too small, making the warming up a little on the slow side?

Rides
    Also got Neff appliances here. No problems with heating up quickly. The grill is so quick we ditched our toaster. Big fan so far and I believe they have some of the largest internal volumes /areas for the size on the market (quite important when Sunday dinners can be for 8-10 people).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Have you checked if your wire for the oven, or the socket supply is big enough? Could it be the wire is too small, making the warming up a little on the slow side?
    If the cable wasn't man enough it should either trip or melt? Shouldn't affect performance of the appliance

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Big fan so far and I believe they have some of the largest internal volumes /areas for the size on the market (quite important when Sunday dinners can be for 8-10 people).
    Very good point, the Neff was always towards the top of our list because of internal capacity

Edit: Also, Neff are part of the same group as Bosch/Siemens/Gaggeneu so expect the same quality/parts etc

Rides
    If it's borderline it could just get warm, but I was just speculating - from a position of not knowing much

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    the only down side is it takes bloody ages to get hot.
    the grill takes ages to get hot too .
    Be sure there isn't a "heating up" setting, our hotpoint seemed to take ages to heat up. After reading theproblem online it has a dedicated warming setting, something to do with eco-bollocks, it only uses the big ring element to warm, then the smaller elements to run

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    when i want to warm the oven quick I just turn both over and grill on.

I do recommend these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Planit-Prod...sh+baking+tray

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spares2go-U...rds=oven+liner

for a greater cooking experience

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Also got Neff appliances here. No problems with heating up quickly. The grill is so quick we ditched our toaster. Big fan so far and I believe they have some of the largest internal volumes /areas for the size on the market (quite important when Sunday dinners can be for 8-10 people).
    That's what I saw. 67L Main oven with also a large top oven.

The double ovens don't have the retracting door, only the singles... but I can live with that. I'm also interested in the "Bottom Heat" - apparently good for cooking Pizza on

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post

The SXOC have always been big about cooking

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?3...Recipe-Yum-Yum

We are all foodies

Edit: And if the man can cook, the Titties and Asses come flocking