Thread: Yet to decide

Rides

Yet to decide

I currently have an immaculate sti type ra impreza which I imported earlier on this year had the craving but haven't connected with it and its too original and clean to spend money changing it to how I want it

Ive had a r33 skyline which was probably the best car to drive out of all the cars I've owned but I don't want another

My plan was to find a r32 gts-t and spend a little on it, but not only can I not find one I'm beginning to realise how old they are too.

I thought a compromise would be a 200 sx, I like the look of the s14a, i think its referred to as a
    kouki

I've had a few Subaru's and an Evo in recent years and although quick nothing compares to rwd and from what I've read the 200 drives just as well as a skyline gts-t

Hopefully get some good advice on this forum and finally decide what to buy

Thanks, Pete

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by boustie View Post
    I currently have an immaculate sti type ra impreza which I imported earlier on this year had the craving but haven't connected with it and its too original and clean to spend money changing it to how I want it

Ive had a r33 skyline which was probably the best car to drive out of all the cars I've owned but I don't want another

My plan was to find a r32 gts-t and spend a little on it, but not only can I not find one I'm beginning to realise how old they are too.

I thought a compromise would be a 200 sx, I like the look of the s14a, i think its referred to as a
    kouki

I've had a few Subaru's and an Evo in recent years and although quick nothing compares to rwd and from what I've read the 200 drives just as well as a skyline gts-t

Hopefully get some good advice on this forum and finally decide what to buy

Thanks, Pete
    For me personally having both the r33 gtst and the 200sx the Skyline for me drove the best out the box. Its a more soild car. It wasnt until I modified the SX (mines a zenki) that it become more enjoyable.

Both have there pros and cons my sx is extreamly good on fuel made a trip from Adelaide to Melbourneon a single tank, parts are cheap its easy to work on and the price are going up. Rust is an issue in the UK

My Skyline is damn quick like stupidly quick and very reliable I still own it its been in storage for nearly 6 years in the UK waiting for import when I find the funds.

Some say its a mini Skyline. Personally I don't get that maybe if you look hard at the front lights set up but its just cosmetic. It doesn't drive or sound anything like any Skyline ive driven because its not

By the way although the r32 is getting on to me its an attractive car there are some really great examples out there with less miles then a 5 year old rep car. Plus time it right you could end up making a profit by selling it to someone in the US as the 23 year rule takes effect.

Dont get me wrong I love my 200 it has everything I need and wanted at the time. Its a clean low mileage locked in a barn find with full service history from new, But doesn't quite give you that Skyline smile

Rides
    Thanks for the advice and the reply

I cannot find a good r32 and thinking about it its prob not a great daily drive with it being so old

Only other is a S15 but spec r are too far out my budget

Ive read lots of advice on engine conversions and ive had a R33 GTST, Was thinking a S15 spec S with a RB25DET would make a great car

Are there any other good engine swaps for the S15?

Thanks in advance

Rides
    Have you thought about importing an R32?

Rides
    Give up now and buy an MX5, then turbo it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by xR33 View Post
    Give up now and buy an MX5, then turbo it.
    ...or skip the Mazda of creeping death and go straight to the SXOC-staple... a panzerwagen...530D ?

Seriously though, if you think the GTS-T is too old, you might as well forget the 200 as they are all old.

If you want an RB, get a skyline.

Have you thought about something like a 350GT ?

Rides
    Thanks Mazda not for me im afraid!!

Think ive ruled out the 200sx

I am only going to import ive been outbid on several R32 GTST`s over the past couple of months, but finding a non rusty one for a reasonable price is very difficult

I love the look of the S15 but just cant stretch to a spec R

Rides
    Have you asked an agent like SVA Imports to find you one?

Give them a budget and your specification and they will find you something

Rides
    I have imported direct from japan myself earlier this year so I would probably do the same again
    Soo much cheaper than using an agent in the UK
    This is what I imported and will be selling soon:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/skyo89x3x...khYMQbzpa?dl=0
    I spoke to jdm garage today and am thinking atm s15 spec s and buying a sr20det engine from them to go in
    Juat researching what ill need