Thread: Eleccy guru's - How to extend starter motor positive and the trigger wire.

Rides

Eleccy guru's - How to extend starter motor positive and the trigger wire.

Have a ganders.. these two need extending by around 6 inches..

The trigger i was thinking i can just extend and not worry.

But the amount of power going down the + when cranking i really dont want to set the thing alite after 18 months building!

What's my options!?

Rides
    replace both bud then just crimp new connectors on to the new cable for how little it will cost to do.

You could use a connection box but the above seems like a easier neater and safer option to me.

Rides
    I wonder where they go then.... Hmmm anyone know? It's all part of the box loom

Rides
    Anyone know where the starter + ends up? fuse box.. or to the battery and where the trigger goes?!

Rides
    if I recall and I'm not getting confused with the rx8 the main starter wire goes from the positive battery terminal its one of the smaller wires.

and the trigger wire runs to the fusebox i think.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    if I recall and I'm not getting confused with the rx8 the main starter wire goes from the positive battery terminal its one of the smaller wires.

and the trigger wire runs to the fusebox i think.
    I had a visual check. The starter is a thick black cable with a strip of red. Obviously indicating its power. I couldn't see it going anywhere else other than to the + on the battery terminals. Its too thick to twist another route so it looks to run straight through the geaarbox loom sheefing or protection plastic thing then out onto the terminal.

If that's the case do i just need the same thickness wire and just carefully remove it from the box loom lay new one in place and eleccy tape back shut with about 10 more inches on the end!