Thread: My new (first) s13

Rides

My new (first) s13

Hi Guys,

This is my first s13. I want to use it as a drift car (I no it looks like a shead).

What do you think?

I'm picking it up Saturday.

This was the ad:

Nissan S13 Drift Car, T28 Turbo, Tubular manifold, FMIC, Alloy Rad, Electric Fan, LSD, Uprated Fuel Pump, Horsham Stage 2 Chip, Coilovers, Adjustable Top Mounts, Collins Dump Valve, Uprated Actuator, Rota 17'' Alloys with Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres on front and Nexens on rear, Hubcentric Spacers, Free Flow Exhaust, Recaro Front Seats, Large Air Filter, Deep Dish Nismo Steering Wheel, JDM TCA's with rose joints and Modified Hubs with Lock Spacers for extra lock, CD Player, around 280bhp, x4 Spare Skid Wheels, Not a rot box underneath, goes like stink, very capable skid car, MOTd til March 2016.

forgot it also got UXT 6 paddle clutch in it cost for 200 pounds

Last edited by oliverdrift92; 02-09-2015 at 16:36.

Rides
    Welcome to SXOC dude, it looks like what it is. Something fun to learn to drift in.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1via View Post
    Welcome to SXOC dude, it looks like what it is. Something fun to learn to drift in.
    Thanks Yh that's what it's for! Anything I should look for, common problems/rust etc... When I go view it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverdrift92 View Post
    Anything I should look for, common problems/rust etc... When I go view it?
    Well it's clearly a very well cared for example so I'd not expect to find any issues

But seriously, it'll be rusty, it'll have been driven hard, it'll take work to keep on the road because all 20 year old cars do, let alone ones that have been used like that.

Rides
    When you go to view it check for rust on front suspension turrets, front cross member, sills, under door mirrors and under spoiler. I would also make sure the engine isn't making any knocking or rattling sounds.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Well it's clearly a very well cared for example so I'd not expect to find any issues
    Hats what I thought

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    When you go to view it check for rust on front suspension turrets, front cross member, sills, under door mirrors and under spoiler. I would also make sure the engine isn't making any knocking or rattling sounds.
    Thanks for your help dude!

Rides
    Welcome to the club mate. You not going to use it as a road car at all? Should bring it along to japshow finale

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Welcome to the club mate. You not going to use it as a road car at all? Should bring it along to japshow finale
    Nope (well to get to and from track/drift days).

I would love to come japfest and get some opinions. I drove it home on Sunday from Cornwall (about a 6 hour drive) and it had no problems, drives lovely, but (there's always a but) the engine bay is now covered in oil :/ would be nice to get some suggestion from people who know about the ca18det! It did smoke (white) from the exhaust a few times at first under bost (it makes about 10psi).

Rides
    You paid buttons for it. Right?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    You paid buttons for it. Right?
    I'm happy with what I paid for it

Rides
    Sounds like you need to clean the oil off the engine bay then wait for it to dry then start it up and see where it's dripping from.