Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ca18det running boost issues at 503hp 431whp

Banned
    Rides

ca18det running boost issues at 503hp 431whp

hi folks afther my long chase for a 550bhp ca18 I have made 503bhp@gtx3071r with blown head gasket and boost issues my highest boost level was 2.1bars@7k rpm

my boost controller wasn't controlled by my haltech ecu management because I didn't know how to plumb it and my turbonetic delta mk2 has the adjustable screw wined all the way to 2.1bars any ideas how can I get the boost to raise much faster as the car feels very fast but I am not happy with the results

I am sorting the head gasket now so just wanted to know best way around it my engine is capable of 700bhp as afther change the head gasket

made this power 503bhp@gtx3071r- 2.1bars of boost with boost issues

I could run 1.6 bars of boost and make same power so clearly I have boost issues

any help please

I was hoping to get:

580bhp at flywheel
    510whp at wheels

and arround 490 torques

so far I got atm

503 bhp at flywheel
    431whp at wheel

and 368ft torques with gasket blowing and big boost issues ;-( any suggestions ??

Last edited by black smoke; 31-08-2015 at 09:01.

Rides
    Who mapped it?

Banned
    Rides
    Vm performance Sweden

Rides
    External wastgate?
    What trim is the turbo?

If you have haltech closed loop boost control it's a good idea to use it as its a good system and had boost cut and other useful features.

Have a look at bigtons thread.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Banned
    Rides
    84 trim , bigtone I believe made 600bhp on norris design car awesome set up , I am looking for around same power but similar yorque

Rides
    You took your car to sweden for mapping?

Banned
    Rides
    no that's mobnee old map 500bhp 433whp I am running same spec engine but boost issues as I am not running my haltech in close loop I am sorting head gasket issue and plumbing the vacuum so I can run it properly and get map twicked again

Rides
    still good figure

Rides
    very good figure. interesting to see what that turbo is capable of as i was thinking on running the same one

Rides
    365 lb/ft is really poor, you must have been revving the shit out of it to make that much power.

Fix your boost control, the torque cure should be fairly flat from 4k rpm when it should be hitting full boost.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by user23456 View Post
    very good figure. interesting to see what that turbo is capable of as i was thinking on running the same one
    You think 200 lb/ft at 5000rpm is very good?

Banned
    Rides
    thanks , I know the torque is very low due to my boost issues gonna sort head gasket and get boost issue sorted , very minor job for me to do , de assembly the take bloke and head to machinery shop get it skimmed find the compression afther skim , buy the right gasket then take it to dyno again and set it up there , my boost curve atm is very bad , once run it controlled by the ecu ( close loop ) it will be so much better over all, this gtx3071r is capable of 580 bhp with .86 housing maybe a tad more I want to coreect boost and run 580bhp with 2.3 bars of boost much higher torque and much more bhp at the wheels

Rides
    I doubt you'll make any more peak hp, but at least it'll drive better

Banned
    Rides
    I would be happy once pumbled correctly with 100 more torques as that is what move the wheels not bhp atm as it stand torques are shy to come out , but I will get them out ;-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    You think 200 lb/ft at 5000rpm is very good?
    i think 503hp at 8k is a good figure

Banned
    Rides
    i didnt have to rev it to high to make 503bhp it was only 7200 rpm , i was planning on twicking the map so i could have it to rev at 8k , raise the boost to 2.4 bars and make arround 580bhp thats was my plans with wastegate working in close loop

Banned
    Rides
    I would be happy once pumbled correctly with 100 more torques as that is what move the wheels not bhp atm as it stand torques are shy to come out , but I will get them out ;-)

Banned
    Rides
    thanks , I know the torque is very low due to my boost issues gonna sort head gasket and get boost issue sorted , very minor job for me to do , de assembly the take bloke and head to machinery shop get it skimmed find the compression afther skim , buy the right gasket then take it to dyno again and set it up there , my boost curve atm is very bad , once run it controlled by the ecu ( close loop ) it will be so much better over all, this gtx3071r is capable of 580 bhp with .86 housing maybe a tad more I want to coreect boost and run 580bhp with 2.3 bars of boost much higher torque and much more bhp at the wheels

Rides
    Ummm are you not breaking this setup on facebook? You stated there that you are going 1jz???

Banned
    Rides
    yes I got 1jz fitted atm but also building a new ca18 to over 500whp , hopefully 120whp more than my last one , I love my ca18's doing it purely to contradict all the ca18 builts I have seen so far in a country

I know the ca18 way to well and all the keys to big numbers , It won't be a engine to drif or daily , will be demo engine as to show the capability of a 26 years old and my general knowledge about them ;-)

allready got:

garrett gt3582r and gtx3582r
    still thinking to keep the 1000cc I got or go dynamic id 1600cc
    cp pistons
    h bean rods
    I am porting the had atm and all the rest of the tricks

to pull it of

just for fun , nothing else;-)