Thread: Recommendations for a garage to take my 200 to

Rides

Recommendations for a garage to take my 200 to

Hi all,

Pretty sure my car has a minor boost leak at the moment, I don't have the time or inclination to fix it myself.

Please could you recommend somewhere to take it either in the south west or near London-ish? Basically anywhere not too far south but willing to travel distance for a decent garage

Thanks

Rides
    Garage d in watford know there stuff I can highly recommend them. Use them for all my work on my s14.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    H-dev
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I've never used them but have heard good things about Zealou5 in Wiltshire.

Rides
    If you're in the south west mate, Zealou5 would be my recommendation, they have a proper smoke tester to detect the slightest boost leak.

Rides
    Cheers guys, will give Zealou5 a shot, smoke test is exactly what I'm after

Have used H-Dev once before and not really inclined to go back

Rides
    Nice one mate, they're a great bunch of guys down at zealou5! Some awesome builds on the go at the moment aswell !!

Rides
    I'll give them a call tomorrow but do you know how busy they are usually? I.e do you reckon they'll be able to have a look this week?

Had a look at their FB page and they certainly seem to care about what they do

Rides
    They are always very busy down there, but bobby is very accommodating, if you give him a call I'm sure he'll be able to sort something out for you buddy!

That they do mate, there attention to detail and care for peoples pride and joy is literally second to none!

Rides
    All sorted not the cheapest, mind very nice people to deal with, exactly how I'd run a place if it was my business more traders should take their approach to customer service

I kinda want a Skyline now
    Last edited by Silane; 02-09-2015 at 19:10.

Rides
    You get what you pay for tho mate, I wouldn't take mine anywhere else, glad they got you sorted!

I popped down after work to see a new R34 GTR they had dropped off for underside protection, beautiful bit of kit!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeykt View Post
    You get what you pay for tho mate, I wouldn't take mine anywhere else, glad they got you sorted!

I popped down after work to see a new R34 GTR they had dropped off for underside protection, beautiful bit of kit!
    I must have misheard the hourly rate yesterday because I got the invoice today and can safely say that they are amazing value for money. I won't be taking my car anywhere else

I did have a nose around at all of the cars there, some serious machines! All at a very high quality of workmanship.

Thanks for the recommendation

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Silane View Post
    I must have misheard the hourly rate yesterday because I got the invoice today and can safely say that they are amazing value for money. I won't be taking my car anywhere else

I did have a nose around at all of the cars there, some serious machines! All at a very high quality of workmanship.

So what is the hourly rate?

Rides

Anytime buddy, they're a great bunch!

My RB25 S14 project is in the lock up behind, just ordered the engine today so I'll have bobby and the guys fitting that for sure!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    So what is the hourly rate?
    It's not really my place to say , worth giving them a call.

I will say that their pricing is very fair (my inital comment was based on my dodgy hearing ) and the service is second to none. In my experience decent places/people in this industry are few and far between... I mean I was even surprised that people on here weren't as friendly in person (@ weekender a few yrs ago) as on the forum, certainly wasn't my experience from other clubs but I guess that's just life. It's a little bit different when you're paying someone for a service.

Anyway....I still want a Skyline preferably with 650nags
    Last edited by Silane; 03-09-2015 at 18:12.

Rides
    It's not really my place to say , worth giving them a call.

I will say that their pricing is very fair (my inital comment was based on my dodgy hearing ) and the service is second to none. In my experience decent places/people in this industry are few and far between... I mean I was even surprised that people on here weren't as friendly in person (@ weekender a few yrs ago) as on the forum, certainly wasn't my experience from other clubs but I guess that's just life. It's a little bit different when you're paying someone for a service.

Anyway....I still want a Skyline preferably with 650nags
    I don't see why you'd not say? It's not like it's a supposed to be a big secret...

If it is reasonable, they'd be happy for customers to be giving good reviews and spreading they're "very fair" hourly rate.

Rides
    Thanks for starting the thread Silane useful to know a few more places near London

Saves me having to take it all the way to APT@Norwich which is what I have been doing for the past few years

(Just checked Zealous5 and pretty equidistant to APT - maybe Garage d is the answer)
    Last edited by pk; 03-09-2015 at 19:43.