Thread: Heated front screen GB?

Rides

Heated front screen GB?

Any interest on here for heated front windscreens? Reason I ask is I've found a company in the UK that can make them but they require a minimum order of 5. If the mods are OK with this and there's enough interest I'm happy to add more details and help set this up. The company I've spoken to is Ricky Evans Motorsport/heatedwindscreen.com

Rides
    Have you also spoken to Apex Lee about their source? I've one of theirs from the exact same situation, a GB of 5. I wouldn't sack your fans off though, I have and I regret it.

Rides
    Was just thinking I wonder if you can get them as I dont have anything like the heaters now

would be intrested but depends on price as so easy to get big chips and cracks on the track

Rides
    Avoid airfield trackdays

Rides
    Piman2k, why do you regret getting rid of your heaters other than you being chilly when driving to a trackday?

Does the heated front screen not demist enough?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    Piman2k, why do you regret getting rid of your heaters other than you being chilly when driving to a trackday?

Does the heated front screen not demist enough?
    Everything steams up when it's wet, it's all very well having a heated front screen, but when you can't see out of any side window, things get a touch tricky.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    Piman2k, why do you regret getting rid of your heaters other than you being chilly when driving to a trackday? Does the heated front screen not demist enough?
    Let me assure you, if there's one thing I never am in my car, it's cold........ But....

Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Everything steams up when it's wet, it's all very well having a heated front screen, but when you can't see out of any side window, things get a touch tricky.
    ....this. The lack of carpet and the lack of fans means you have to be prepared to be pretty thorough on a cold morning, the screen demists alright but the rest of the car can, from time to time when it's cold, get a thin layer of condensate around it. It's by no means a game changer, but sometimes it'll irritate me.

I had to lose the heater matrix because of the Full Race downpipe. But not the fan box, and the actual fan box itself doesn't weigh much at all. If I did it again I'd definitely leave the blower function in.

Rides
    pima can't you get one of those small 12v universal heaters?

Rides
    I could do, but I don't want to because it would be clutter and something else to store. Like I said, it's not the end of the world, but I'd leave the blowers in given they weigh basically nothing.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    pima can't you get one of those small 12v universal heaters?
    Don't bother, seriously, they are worthless, I can usually take £10 on the chin when I felt like i've wasted money, but they are so crap I felt bad for even wasting £10 on one.

Rides
    Well, this isn't really sounding like a good idea afterall, ha ha! Think I'll save my money and keep the stock heater/blower.

Rides
    Wow! This was a while ago. Totally forgot I even started this thread. I recently managed to score myself one of these off Dan at Ricky Evans Motorsport/heatedwindscreen.com. Was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. £372 inc delivery, which I didn't think was too bad at all. The daily with heated front screen is amazing, hopefully this will be somewhere near as good. Will let you guys know when it's in a tested.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Wow! This was a while ago. Totally forgot I even started this thread. I recently managed to score myself one of these off Dan at Ricky Evans Motorsport/heatedwindscreen.com. Was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. £372 inc delivery, which I didn't think was too bad at all. The daily with heated front screen is amazing, hopefully this will be somewhere near as good. Will let you guys know when it's in a tested.
    Mine was excellent in the White car. Many years ago.