Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected reaction.

Rides

Unexpected reaction.

So after just over two weeks ownership of my S14a i seem to invite idiots trying to bait me into a race (obviously ignored) also people look at you like something they have stepped in :/
    TBH I've not had any positive reactions except from my family friends.
    Do i need to grow a thick skin?
    I bought it as wanted to stay under the radar, was getting a Supra but didn't want the attention
    Associated with the fast and furious franchise :/

Rides
    Most people just see an old pos, and tbf they are old, and usually pieces of @#£%. But its up to you to like it, not everyone else.

Rides
    why does it bother you what other people think.. or assume they think?

Rides
    Just sit back and laugh as the 30 40 50 grand german crap cars and the soccer mums suvs are really no better and stupidly over priced

Rides
    Like it or not, SXs now have an image, as do most Japanese cars. Every tuned car I've had has garnered similar reactions. Even MX5's, which were once the figures of ridicule, have now become hated to to the large number of morons that seem to drive drft spc ones.
    In fact, every car has an image - next time you see something posh and fast on the motorway,hang back, and watch the morons trying to bait it. Presumably so they can go home and tell their mates what they 'beat' in their Civic Type S/VAG 2.0 TDi.

Rides
    Whether it's a Nissan 200SX, a Porsche 911, or a Ferrari F430, you're going to get baited by Diesel Passats. To answer your question; yes, time to thicken up that skin!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Like it or not, SXs now have an image, as do most Japanese cars. Every tuned car I've had has garnered similar reactions. Even MX5's, which were once the figures of ridicule, have now become hated to to the large number of morons that seem to drive drft spc ones.
    In fact, every car has an image - next time you see something posh and fast on the motorway,hang back, and watch the morons trying to bait it. Presumably so they can go home and tell their mates what they 'beat' in their Civic Type S/VAG 2.0 TDi.
    lol, yep you are now a chav

And yes the amount of diesel BMs/Golfs/A3s I get trying to prove their car is so much faster than my ST is laughable
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I am usually not phased by other people at all, maybe I just need time to adjust from my bland Invisible Renault Laguna
    To me the car looks the dogs danglers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    And yes the amount of diesel BMs/Golfs/A3s I get trying to prove their car is so much faster than my ST is laughable
    I followed my other half at a distance with me in a beige Saab estate, and her in some of Gaydon's special metal, and the level of muppetry was utterly flabberghasting. We were pootling in the inside lane at the speed limit on the M1, and there were people yo-yoing beside her to egg her on, bombing it up the outside, slamming on the anchors and pulling in front, constantly accelerating up behind her and backing off, flashing headlights, allsorts.

People jsut assume that if you have something fast or different then you want it to a) show off to other people, and b) race. They then spend their entire time to goad you. It's embarrassing. The worst thing we had for it was a DC2 - the amount of egging on that thing received was ridiculous. Far more than any of the faster cars we've had. I suspect that a Focus ST would get a similar reaction!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by juicycarbonfx View Post
    I am usually not phased by other people at all, maybe I just need time to adjust from my bland Invisible Renault Laguna
    To me the car looks the dogs danglers
    I remember my old man saying he would never buy a Datsun. He loves my Skyline thinks the 200SX is tidy and secretly jelouse of the 260Z.

Rides
    i had the same with more expensive metal, i think i made a post once about a Porsche Turbo literally acting like a twat funnier still was i almost completely ignored him which seemed to make it worse..eventually a set of appropriate lights and a (unusually) perfect launch meant he tucked in to slow lane and stopped trying to goad me.

it is what it is, people and especially younguns have access to more and more powerful cars than they used to, accept it will happen

Rides
    Interesting, reading about your experiences has certainly opened my eyes to what's in store, glad I posted now
    Can't believe I'm now a Chav haha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    it is what it is, people and especially younguns have access to more and more powerful cars than they used to, accept it will happen
    Doesn't have to be younger people with access to fast cars, they'll try it on whatever they're driving.

1.4Tdi with a remap - lets have a ****ing go.

Rides
    I get this a lot in the mx5 and the rx8 .... which I find laughable as off the line both of them are as slow as fcuk .... I couldn't "race" them if I tried ..... after a while you just zone it out ... although everyone and again I get the hankering for my 200sx back

Rides
    I love it. I don't react but I love it.

Every time I drive my car I get at least a thumbs up or necks twist. And it's every time. It's my favourite part of the car

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'm normally the idiot trying to bait 911's :whack:
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I've only had it happen to me once and that was 2 am on a Saturday after pulling a late shift at work. Going home on the A127 I found my little TVR surrounded by badbois in their Corsas who didn't seem to be able to understand I was knackered and just wanted to get home to my bed.

My wife reckons she gets loads of boy racers trying to have a go when she's driving her Impreza but it doesn't seem to happen to me. Maybe they figure I'm too old

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    Just sit back and laugh as the 30 40 50 grand german crap cars and the soccer mums suvs are really no better and stupidly over priced
    I baited an Audi RS4 Quattro the other week, rolling start, he couldn't get away from me mid range and onward.

Rides
    glad we all encounter the same when driving around and not just me, seems that old men in jag's, BM's etc love trying it on, similarly if not more so than the corsa crew. strange that the pensioners must get board in their retirement!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    I baited an Audi RS4 Quattro the other week, rolling start, he couldn't get away from me mid range and onward.
    I know which one I'd prefer!