Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A request from the committee .......

Rides
    I was hoping to have my new car all fixed by then, the engine broke itself after a week of owning and dealer is sorting out a rebuild but although it'll be fixed in time it won't be run in enough to go on track Also still negotiating with gf to be allowed to come

However, as with the last two weekends where I ended up driving jaguar and Renault laguna estate around the tracks, I'm happy to pay full price and do a few fun laps in my diesel Vectra (just need permission from gf first!)

I ought to be able to get someone to come along as a non-driving guest, but struggling for anyone who drives as tbh all my 'driving friends' are from SXOC anyways
    I will do my best though, theres a few people with some nice cars at work (MK so very near the weekender), I don't know em but I could leave notes on their windscreens

I presume its going to be completely cars only? I know at least 2 people that'd be interested if we had even a small bike session?
    Last edited by Ghazoobe; 28-07-2015 at 20:49.
    bovvered?

Rides
    Anybody on the fence... you should get signed up :-)

It's always fun, from way back when on the first one when I took a broken 14a and was a passenger on the hill climb all day, then the next 2 years did it in a 205 and an mx5.

Then did a fail year I think and I didn't make it. Next year I was a passenger as Blyton and despite the weather had a good time, then anglesey I was a passenger again on track and had a stonking weekend. Snetterton I took a 309 and did 160+ miles on track and had loads of fun all weekend!

This year it's an mx5 again for me, and I cant wait! :-) Fun can be had in whatever car you take, for sure!

Rides
    Doc, I can post up on another forum that i frequent a lot that has a lot of Trackday goer's to see if i can get any interest from them if your happy to do so?

Rides
    @Evilchap - and that 309 was amazing, thanks for the passenger ride

I'll see what I can rustle up as I'm so close. Current squad is my s14, an e30 318is, a 3.2 v6 Alfa Berera, an Astra VXR and maybe a Westfield
    Last edited by Random Tim; 29-07-2015 at 06:54.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Dude, Im the chairman and dont own a 200SX, you can bring what you like

Previous years have seen a Nissan Micra, Triumph Dolomite, Fiat Panda (all driven by the same person funnily enough), an ML430 Mercedes, a Jag S type and probably plenty of other stuff Ive drunk to forget about

There are generally more MX5's and BMW's than 200's, get stuck in
    Plus a Sierra Cockworth, numerous kitcars, some sort of VW people carrier, Clios, Meganes, and all manner of stuff that shouldn't be on track

I'll be paying up tomorrow when I'm payed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmet***asket View Post
    Plus a Sierra Cockworth, numerous kitcars, some sort of VW people carrier, Clios, Meganes, and all manner of stuff that shouldn't be on track

I'll be paying up tomorrow when I'm payed
    Don't forget BWanderers Saab estate of glory !!!

Rides
    The panda should only be allowed on track. That was the funniest thing all weekend.

They have no place on the road these days

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Jenny and I will be down for camping. Just got a **** tonne of expesnses over the past 4 months that have stopped me booking Still need 2 front tyres and to fix the Mazda's brakes that seem to always want to rumble like **** ¬_¬

Rides
    Doc/Keiran. Is there an option to do half day on track. Got a couple of mates interested but they both work Saturday morning and said they'll pop up after work for a nosey anyway. Also, what are the rules on cars. Another mate is intrested in whole day and has car, but prob wont have MOT or tax, will be road worthy though

Rides
    I'll pay when I'm paid but just camping, mortgage, BMW and getting Nissan ready to attend the Weekender have bankrupted me!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jamie_ View Post
    Doc, I can post up on another forum that i frequent a lot that has a lot of Trackday goer's to see if i can get any interest from them if your happy to do so?
    If they re good lads and follow the rules then I dont see why not mate

To answer other Q's, we cant have bikes or drifting Im afraid, much as Id like to. As Evilchap says, its still a proper laugh even if you arent on track, and as Deacon Ghazoobe says whatever you take out youll have fun in. The more people that coem thebetter, its a really great social with a quiz, raffle, stupid games as well as the tracky bit and you can bring as many mates as you like

Half days are an idea and soemthign we can talk about but if they are available it will only be at relatively late notice, we really want to try and get the all day numbers we are looking for first

Motorhomes and the like are welcomed and I know there are hotels close by, if you have the weekend free make the effort and I promise you wont regret it
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Thanks Doc. The lads are probably going to come over anyway to see whats going on. I take it that's ok. I'll let them know about half days.

Rides
    I'll stick a thread up then. You have probably met some of them of various days in the UK and at Spa

Rides
    can you do just 1 day as I have stuff I cant get out of on the 22nd.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    You can but I cant make it cheaper Gaz, sorry mate
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go