Thread: painting over 3m schutz underseal

Rides

painting over 3m schutz underseal

Can i paint over my underseal i sprayed the underside with 3m schutz last year and want to make it look a bit tidier, so question is can i overpaint it?

Some people say yes and some say it is not overpaintable so wondered if anyone actually had overpainted 3m schutz.

Rides
    I dont think you can mate, was reading about it earlier today and it mentioned that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    I dont think you can mate, was reading about it earlier today and it mentioned that.
    Umm that's what i was thinking but there must be some product that will go over it!

Rides
    it depends on which one you used - if you used the 3M 'bodygard' stuff, you can overpaint it. if you used the thinner, not rubbery schutz type tarry shit, no you cant.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    it depends on which one you used - if you used the 3M 'bodygard' stuff, you can overpaint it. if you used the thinner, not rubbery schutz type tarry shit, no you cant.
    Balls i used the tarry shite! Still must be something that will cover it!

Rides
    Someone had sprayed that tarry shite over a small patch of welding on my car when I got it, POR-15 painted straight over the top no probs