Thread: Seem to be overboosting

Rides

Seem to be overboosting

So fitted a new manifold yesterday.beautiful bit of craftsmanship from wardy to replace my greddy one.at this time also sorted out my downpipe with no leaks etc.

Took it out and had fitted the external gate pipes round the wrong way.realised as soon as it started boosting.so today changed them over and all works as should except Im hitting over my 1.5 bar.goes off the scale on my apexi power fc(boost guage broke) so power fc is only way to check atm.ant ideas ??

Rides
    Also turned down the dial on my profec to make less boost just seems the same.possible p
    faulty boost controller ?? Any way to check ??

Rides
    Have you double checked all your vacuum pipework, I once fitted a T piece back to front when doing a load of pipe changing (looked exactly the same either way around other than a small orifice in one end of the T) by doing this the T which should have been going to the gauge to dampen the reading was in the wastegate line so the wastegate wouldn't get enough pressure, immediate over boost! If your happy with all your pipework try running with no boost controller as I guess your external wastegate is set to less than 1.5bar?

Rides
    Right so small weird update...... when I turn on the fan heater in the car when sitting on the drive makes my idle literally go all over the place getting lower rpm each time it fluctuates. and then car stops running.if I turn heater off idles just fine.checked which pipes went where for the boost controller box seems all ok(as said previously were backwards).

Unsure how to run no boost contoller as external gate has 2 pipe with it.so would need to put something in boost controllers place ??

Just the external gate doesn't open on wot.and it over boosts straight away so hAve only been driving off boost.

Just to set spec so people know what I have to help diagnose problems.
    Greddy td06 top mount is the full kit from greddy bar manifold which I have just changed.
    front mount
    forged sr20
    tomei cams
    power fc d Jetro.
    nismo 740's

I also have a Phormula ks3 knock sensor reads slight like like 01-03 if any slightly brisk accelaratijn til warm,when warm get 00 knock even on hard boost( until it has stopped boosting correctly)don't know how relevant this is but thought as much info as possible is best.

greddy profec b( has been working perfect with wastegate u til very recently)
    Last edited by ashleylewis; 20-07-2015 at 21:28. Reason: Added more info

Rides
    Turn the SET boost down on your profec? Obviously the turbo is going to boost better/earlier/work more efficiently with a better manifold.. thats kinda the whole point!