Thread: Subframe hardware/fixings

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Subframe hardware/fixings

I'm in the middle of a subframe refersh and although I have all the bolts nuts etc needed to bolt the sunny together they have seen better days and I'd like new or to make these look new.

I've quickly looked in to getting these cleaned and plated but that could well be costly.

Is there anywhere other than Nissan that will sell the correct items/strengths etc that won't charge the earth?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    They aren't exactly strong bolts anyway so i would just use some 8.8 grade bolts (which would be harder anyway) with large washers for the arms unless they arent adjustable arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    They are adjustable arms so it's an option. Would need to be of the same design as Oem though I guess...
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Zinc plating shouldn't cost very much, i've had some parts done lately mainly bolts plus an exhaust heatshield and it cost me £40

Rides
    I just had the whole lot done in the orignal yellow zinc finish. I used a wire wheel on my grinder but you can use it in a drill. Just take off the worse of the stuff then give it to the platers. I hand a boxful done which was about 100 pcs and they charged me £20

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I was hoping they cleaned the up too. The thought of cleaning this lot up is depressing.

Rides
    took me less than an hour to do all of them and saves money.

Rides
    my plater will clean them up first my first lot of bolts were all soaked in deox c which works really well but the plater said not to bother when i mentioned it

Rides
    i put all of mine in deox c water mixture and they came out ok, primered and painted them