Thread: Can any one ame this plug what does it do.

Rides

Can any one ame this plug what does it do.

Right trying to start the s13 after 13 years or so, i've put new oil and filter on fresh fuel and new battery on it. When i got to turn the key to start it nothing happens at all, the last owner thought might be because of the immobiliser as it does have aftermarket cobra alarm on it.
    When i fitted the new battery the alarm started going off.
    So unplugged this plug by siren alarm stopped.

In the driver foot well i can see this plug just hanging down just wondering if ment to be plugged into any thing even tho can't see where plug i to, if this could be stopping it from starting.

Rides
    I'm pretty sure i have this plug hanging around in there too so i don't think it affects the running! Probably some sort of optional extra feature wiring!

Does fuel pump prime? any ignition lights?

Rides
    It's the 'check connector'. A simple diagnostics port that it lets you probe at a few engine signals (it's not Consult connector).
    So nothing plugs into it normally and it won't be stopping your car.

The ECU and starter motor are separate circuits - you can make it crank over without even having the ECU present. So if it's not even cranking then it's something between the key barrel and the starter solenoid - an immobiliser does sounds a likely culprit (plus you can see the blue clips).
    Last edited by John Bennett; 13-07-2015 at 20:55.

Rides
    Thanks for all that help cleared all that up. All lights ect do work still windows ect. As for hereing fuel pump prime i not heard it but then its standed one so thought could'nt here them as nice quiet.
    Do have walbro sat in the shed so will chuck that on see if makes difference.

Knowing my luck starter motor prob seized i did give it good hit in case it was tho.

Rides
    stick a big screwdriver between the + Terminal and the solenoid terminal you will soon find out if it's seized! (At your own risk though lol)

You could take a fuel line off the fuel filter to see if you are getting fuel!

Rides
    To check pump circuit is being switched on, put a light bulb on the air reg connector - it's in parallel with the fuel pump. It should light for 5 secs when ignition switch is turned to on or CAS rotated.

Fuel pump is usually the 2nd immobiliser circuit. Then when some bright spark jams a screwdriver across the solenoid it cranks and may fire on residual pressure but won't run.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    To check pump circuit is being switched on, put a light bulb on the air reg connector - it's in parallel with the fuel pump. It should light for 5 secs when ignition switch is turned to on or CAS rotated.

Fuel pump is usually the 2nd immobiliser circuit. Then when some bright spark jams a screwdriver across the solenoid it cranks and may fire on residual pressure but won't run.
    The screwdriver on the solenoid was only a quick test to see that it engages not to start the car. No bright sparks here!

Rides
    This is Consult I connector, for very first Consult device.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One_M8 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sender View Post
    This is Consult I connector, for very first Consult device.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One_M8 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    As that completely contradicts what I posted and goes against everything I've ever read, can you educate me where/how you hook up a Consult 1 tool to a CA18?

'Consult 1' being the serial-port system used in the 90's by SR,VG,RB engines (to name a few).

Rides

Rides
    Heh, I still remember that ancient thread.
    So no discovery of a hidden serial port with the Consult protocol in the last few years then?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bennett View Post
    As that completely contradicts what I posted and goes against everything I've ever read, can you educate me where/how you hook up a Consult 1 tool to a CA18?

'Consult 1' being the serial-port system used in the 90's by SR,VG,RB engines (to name a few).
    As far I am aware this is the first consult device which was using that plug.

Rides
    That won't connect to the S13 check connector. 8 bit ECUs are NOT ODBII. S13 check box is just 2 flashing leds, a buzzer and a switch. It''s not needed, the ECU has the flashing leds and switch.