Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Boss: S14 Rocket Bunny v2

Rides

The Boss: S14 Rocket Bunny v2

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/07/...ket-bunny-s14/

Absolutely loving the look of this! Being a big fan of muscle and import cars, this is a match made in heaven.
    Only thing missing is thumping great V8.

Only $4380 or £2855.47 in sterling
    Last edited by Mike41288; 08-07-2015 at 17:52.

Rides
    why make a jap car look like an American muscle car, MR2/Ferrari body kits spring to mind, its a from me, mind you I don't like V8's being fitted into an SX either,

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I love this kit
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I love it but doesn't look very good for areo America brick looking.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-ctr View Post
    why make a jap car look like an American muscle car, MR2/Ferrari body kits spring to mind, its a from me, mind you I don't like V8's being fitted into an SX either,
    In the 70's, the Jap coupes were styled on American cars, so it's back to the roots philosophy I guess.

You can't argue, it's wonderfully executed and the fit and finish looks absolutely top notch. They even put a rear bumper on.

But, I don't like it It's always going to divide, I just don't think it suits. And heaven knows what the 4X4 one is about.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    In the 70's, the Jap coupes were styled on American cars, so it's back to the roots philosophy I guess.

You can't argue, it's wonderfully executed and the fit and finish looks absolutely top notch. They even put a rear bumper on.

But, I don't like it It's always going to divide, I just don't think it suits. And heaven knows what the 4X4 one is about.
    but its losing it real identity, if you want a car with looks like that buy a mustang,

Rides
    I think it looks great, so much so that its got me considering S14s for the first time.

Rides
    I actually checked my credit card to see if I could afford to pre order one. No luck

One bit I don't like about it is the oil cooler on the outside. I can see why they did it but it's not really for me

Rides
    Love this - but I'd ditch the oil cooler. And it actually seems reasonable value given the extra hardware at the front end (bonnet, lights etc.).

If mine wasn't just a shabby old track slag I would seriously consider splashing out on this kit.

Rides
    I can't even imagine home much it would cost to ship. Plus the duties. Damn it would be a lot.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    I actually checked my credit card to see if I could afford to pre order one. No luck

One bit I don't like about it is the oil cooler on the outside. I can see why they did it but it's not really for me
    The oil cooler is an optional extra, I looked at the kit about 2 months ago. I LOVE IT!!! Spent days trying to find a price, then realised it would cost more than I paid for the car (still considering it though )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides

They should have matched the swage line on the front of the arches.

And done something with the mirrors.

And the rear bumper doesn't work.

But I still quite like it...
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 08-07-2015 at 21:18.

Rides
    That style of overfender has never suited an S14. It just looks wonky from the back and side in the images in the feature.

The front on its own is cool though. It just looks like a complete mish-mash as a whole.

Rides
    Looking at it again, I agree with the above on the oil cooler. Think I would ditch that, and the rear diffuser in favour of a cleaner look overall.

Rides
    I'd ditch the oil cooler too, looks abit silly.
    Still not 100% sold on the rear, but it's better than the no-bumper nonsense they had been putting out.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-ctr View Post
    but its losing it real identity, if you want a car with looks like that buy a mustang,
    Yea, but there's one problem with that.

You're then stuck driving a Mustang, which is awesome fun if you're driving in a straight line or stationary on your driveway.
    but ****ing shit most other places.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    The depth of the side skirts and the back makes the front look weak in the side shots.

I don't dislike it, but it reinforces my belief that people who design kits don't have anywhere near the talent of real car designers.

Rides
    I have to say Im

Rides
    I quite like it definitely ditch the oil cooler but for me (and I may be lynched for saying it) I would also loose the over fenders and rear diffuser....

Rides
    I can't even imagine home much it would cost to ship. Plus the duties. Damn it would be a lot.
    I worked it out to be around 4k after shipping and had your pants pulled down on tax, then would you fit yourself or get a decent body shop to do it??

Then you have to think of paint... By that time your nearly 6k out of pocket just for a body kit...

Don't get me wrong if I had the cash I would in a heart beat but at the same time you can buy a Maserati for nearly that cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    i strangely love this