Thread: No one from this area organise anything anymore? How far would you travel?

Rides

No one from this area organise anything anymore? How far would you travel?

As this is another area that seems dead, im curious to know if any of you would travel to a pub meet perhaps in portsmouth or around there somewhere?

I know it's a trek from Surrey but maybe near the middle of Southampton and Sussex.

I am aware some of you are and have been making an effort to come down Southampton/Bournemouth way to events but be nice for your area to get a little more active on the local meet front.

Rides
    Don't seem like it I just go ace safe usually as not far from there. Southampton big of a trek really

Rides
    im coming to a Southampton meet as soon as the car is running!

Rides
    to far for me just for a meet. always been put off from going to sxoc meets as they've always been a let down. last one i went to there was only me plus one other sbody. around 15-20 members were present but most decided to drive their daily to the meet, whats the point in that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    to far for me just for a meet. always been put off from going to sxoc meets as they've always been a let down. last one i went to there was only me plus one other sbody. around 15-20 members were present but most decided to drive their daily to the meet, whats the point in that.
    I completely agree!

I don't necessarily expect you to travel to southampton "just for a meet" hence the suggestion of somewhere in/near portsmouth as that isn't so much of a trek from sussex.

Also i dont expect you to travel down for a meet what i would like to know is if people would be willing to travel to bigger events such as Simply Japanese @ Beaulieu motor museum!.

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...5-stand-booked!!

If somebody in the Sussex Surrey area could inform me of any events in your area i am sure i can share to Hants Dorset and get some of us to your local events!

A little give and take, if people don't make an effort how do you expect more things to happen / more people to attend.

Rides
    there are a group of us that meet on epsom downs quite regularly mostly s bodys but the odd rx7 and mx5 come along too