Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My s13 (lots to do)

Rides

My s13 (lots to do)

So loved jap cars all my life, nothing else does it for me, after having my mx5 mk1 1.8 for a good few years I felt I needed to upgrade, since my dads has an r33gtr, I've wanted something turbo so I can compete, and as an S13 for a long time has been one of my top favourite cars, finally after living practically for a while and negotiating with the misses, I managed to save up enough to achieve my dream and managed to find a well looked after s13 with no rust at all as well as in standard black which is what I wanted

(Screenshot were taken after I had brought the car and got it back to mine that's why it says 2 days in the ad as it was still up on piston heads)

With in 5 minutes of it being uploaded, I had phoned Chris and arranged to come look at it money in hand, it stuck out to me and I knew I had to have it

Got to it and the car was perfect, other than the bumper peeling in areas and needed repainting and wheels needing some attention it was flawless, had a deal with him and got him to throw in some rota streamlines that were just sitting and cluttering up his garage 🏻 drift set I'm thinking.

So after driving it home on the 2 hour journey, carefully positioned in a convoy of 2 skylines, a rx7 and a brightly coloured vw transporter van, trying not to attract attention......... Got it home with no complaints pulled well, no knocks or sounds that made me cringe or question, one of the best experiences of my life.

Then the list of things I'd like to do started to grow as most people do, they have an idea of what they want and what looks they like, the list began.

Prepped the bumper

Then my dad and I painted into the late hours of the day and got a result I was happy with

Attached bumper to the car and just needed to get a licence plate I was happy with, luckily the Enfield motor pageant was on that weekend so I managed to pick a custom made one up for peanuts, he did tell me the size I wanted the letters would be 2mm under the limit however I've driven it for months since and not had any problems

After this I wanted to focus on the interior as the S14 seats were a it grubby and worn and I aim to take it on the track and want maximum comfort and safety so I ordered some seats, luckily a seller on eBay had just been brought some new corbeau revolution seats as a gift from his misses and had to sell his near enough new cobra seats as soon as possible and I managed to snatch a pair up instantly for a little £150 including postage and they were delivered with not a mark on them

But before I want to put the seats in I wanted to clean up my nasty door seals, as the interior was stripped before I brought the car it revealed a lot of popper holes and trim positioning holes which were not easy on the eyes, so as my uncle makes patterned metal I gave him a drink and he whipped me up some door seal covers, which change the look and make seals look a lot nicer

Then riveted them down

Was so happy with the look, seats are next to go back in and I've just completed my battery relocation to behind where the passenger seat will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by s13lukas; 07-07-2015 at 17:44.

Rides
    So, yesterday I was looking at the front wheels and noticed this in the arch

Which blew my weekend plans but wasn't that bothered, and so the work began

Stripped both front wings off to see the condition of the loom thoroughly, did some research and found this is actually very common and found a fairly clean way to over come it which is a tuck so went ahead and started repairing and cleaning up, luckily I had caught it in time as not a single wire had been broken just the insulation on some had been worn away.

After tuck

The passenger side was a lot easier, but it had collected water and dirt all in the loom cowling so I had to strip it off and retape and tidy it up a bit.

And after

Then wings back on and fitted 'like a glove '

More to come

Rides
    looks really really nice and very clean/lacking rust , a nice solid base to work on
    Black or darker colours are best for the 13 imo,white for 14/14a's
    and you was lucky to catch the loom rub in time,could have started doing weird/bad things as the wires start to short out
    keep the CA as well imo ,a few mods to the sump/oil control/cooling etc and it can be very reliable and make huge powers,

Rides
    Nice car, do look good in black. You might need a legal reg plate for MOT's.

Rides
    Yeah I do mots myself so might get a mate to do mine for me haha

Rides
    Thank you Andy yeah it's a solid base couldn't be happier

Rides

My s13 (lots to do)

Previous owner had it rebuilt 3000 miles before I brought it, and like me he took photos unfortunately there all in hard copy in a photo album lol but yeah gunna get some miles out of her before I even consider swaps

Rides
    My harness bar

Got a custom harness bar made up from a recommended fabricator called KingFab on Facebook (would recommend top quality welds and materials), with in days he had made and posted my bar, when it arrived I test mounted it

Was happy with positioning and quality

Under coated well despite spraying it in the rain

Painted it in bronze gold as I love the colour and it's going to be a theme in my car

Mounted it and couldn't be happier

Rides
    nice looking part there, and I have a bit of the black with a bit of gold theme going on
    but mine is ruined condition wise compared to yours,no rust just terrible paintwork

Rides
    Really like this buddy! Keep it going. I always hated black cars, but i must admit as above.. it does suit 13!

Rides

My s13 (lots to do)

Cheers guys hopefully getting some rota drifts in that gold but ATM I might spray the wheels I've got to keep me happy for a bit longer

Rides
    Looks like a tidy example. I have a soft spot for black S13s myself.

Looking forward to the progress

Rides
    What are you planning to do with it?

Rides

My s13 (lots to do)

Use it on the road / track as I have a van as well, il be using the van more often as a daily, looking to get a new set of wheels and looking to paint these ones same gold as my harness bar, hoping to get a ducktail spoiler maybe and hopefully get it all done before the next s bodies meet so I can attend

Ideally I want rota drifts in this colour

Rides
    Oooo, nice them wheels, would look ace on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by aidanmanc View Post
    Oooo, nice them wheels, would look ace on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers, hopefully next pay day 🏻, but yeah they are a must to go on mine

Rides
    Looks good mate, lovely S13.

What you aiming for power wise?

Rides
    Well ATM I have to say power would be last as it's the most costly ATM however as my dads skyline is 500bhp I'd like to aim for that after I get an sr20 or rb25 so I can blow his doors off and keep in competition

Rides
    I like the door seals! Maybe he could start shipping them out to order?? will be good to see the progress on this !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13lukas View Post
    Well ATM I have to say power would be last as it's the most costly ATM however as my dads skyline is 500bhp I'd like to aim for that after I get an sr20 or rb25 so I can blow his doors off and keep in competition

Oh right, deffinately expensive then if you are going for the 500 mark.

Saw some dude on the skyline forum run RB20DET with some reasonably large turbo on stock internals and was pushing 450 haha. Apparently they are stronger when standard compared to a 25DET.

Can't say much tho, haven't had experience with either. I would imagine the SR will be most expensive to get to that stage no ?