Thread: Car has stopped working.PLEASE HELP

Rides

Car has stopped working.PLEASE HELP

So I bought an s14a
    it had been sitting for 5 years and didn't run when I went to see it. so dumped all fuel as was rubbish.had the injectors cleaned.and got it started.

It's td06 top mount with a power fc

So since its been mot'd I have done over 1000 miles faultlessly.

So driving along yesterday change from 2nd to 3rd.car died was perfectly fine up until this point.and literally nothing turns over but doesn't start

So far have checked compression,spark is all there.

I have no fuel coming out of the return of fuel rail so a friend had a fuel rail bought that and put that on still same problem.

I definately have fuel coming into the rail have checked that and is a good steady flow.just no fuel from fuel return.

Fuel pump primes and no issue.

Any ideas becoming stuck now.

Rides
    Up date. So taking cas out and turning by hand have checked and all individual injectors are clicking turning by hand plugs get wet with fuel. but still have no fuel out of fuel return.

If the fuel pump isn't pushing enough pressure would fpr not open?? Thus not allowing fuel from fuel return ??
    Last edited by ashleylewis; 05-07-2015 at 17:44.

Rides
    What fuel pump is it running? Stock fuel pumps are rubbish. If the fuel pump cant manage enough pressure then yes the regulator wouldn't open, but it's a bit confusing that it's getting fuel into the cylinder but still won't run.

Rides
    Check fuel pressure, if it's low, look at pump or pump power supply. If it's high, replace FPR and go from there.
    I hate to state the obvious but replace fuel filter if it's not done yet.
    Last edited by immy21; 06-07-2015 at 09:29.

Rides
    so after spending a whole day on it yesterday.went to a local garage to me and the guy came out to my car with a fuel pressure gauge that taps into the line.
    checked and has pretty much no pressure so the pump is knackered he didnt charge me for coming to help very very helpful garage Sussex road and race near littlehampton.they seriously know what they are doing have some awesome cars in there.

i didnt think it would be as when line is off it pumps fuel out.it isnt the standard fuel pump but i now know to get a new fuel pump.

the car is running around 440ish hp which fuel pump to get, a walbro 255?? and where is best to get one of these ??
    thankyou for the replies guys.

cheers ash

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    When did you last change your fuel filter....

Get a Walbro, they are decent. Just don't buy it from EBay as there is a strong chance its fake. Buy from a decent well known supplier.

Rides
    i changed it when i bought the car about 2 weeks ago.along with a emptying the tank and putting fresh fuel in.

i shall get on with buying a walbro then. just gonna have a look best place to buy.

Rides
    I got mine from roadracerally on ebay. Many of them may be fakes but this is a genuine walbro pump, proper brand stamping, metal gears inside the pump. Reassuringly noisy (the genuine ones are actually noisier than the fakes due to the metal internals as opposed to plastic) and suitably keenly priced.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/roadracerally

Rides
    right so an update,just about to order pump up and then clive said "should probably whip that pump out and invetigate first.

so 10 at night drove to where my car is pulled pump out and BOOM there was the problem,the hose just out of the top of the pump to the metal rail.split,replaced this reset up the cas and then sweeeettttt.

just sorting all the niggly bits on it.but its a lot of fun and feels mega brutal power.

thanks for all the help guys