Thread: Newbie after advice!

Rides

Newbie after advice!

Hi all,

After driving just about every type of car imagine able, Im about to take the plunge into 200sx ownership,

Or rather,

Two 200sx's

After drifting bimmers for the last two years I wanted an s-body, but didn't want to drift a nice one. A friend of mine offered me a rotten s13 for a reasonable figure so that'll become my new trailer queen.

The other is an s14. It's round the corner from me and the seller has it up for 2k. Car looks clean and tidy and the seller promised there's no rust to be found (the photos he's sent me are very in depth and I couldn't seen any). However, the car is a cat c, with limited history. Should I be wary of anything? He says there is no vvt rattle and the car runs well, it just needs VIC check and a ticket stuck on it.

Thanks in advanced

Ben

Rides
    on the s14 make sure you check the sills and around the subframe mounting points properly, give it some proding with a screwdriver to be sure. Rust would and service history be my concern, the cat c not so much.

Rides
    Thanks bud. Any other hidden areas that aren't so obvious

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Front strut towers, the entire length of the sills, front wheel arch near where the brake lines mount to the chassis.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    This is all good stuff thank you. Engine wise, vvt rattle and smoke on and off boost? Most other things okay?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Spray bars can get clogged up but you'd need the cover off to see the cams etc. Vvt noise is annoying but not a real concern. oil smoke is an issue but a lot of these cars run rich so you can expect something out of the exhaust under wot.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides

Newbie after advice!

Yeah the VIC is nothing 10 minutes out of the day and it should pass if all is well, I agree with the others check your seals and arches also the suspension mounting points, doesn't. Matter what your car history was before your going a step forward with the s bodies in my opinion loool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk